Uneven soundstage in Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Sep 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fush

Head-Fier
Hi!
I just bought a set of Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. When listening to music, the vocals are clearly more present in the left speaker than in the right. I have compared this against other headphones, and the Custom One Pro places more sound in the left than in the right speaker, creating an uneven soundstage.

What should I do with this? Should I just contact the store, and ask for a replacement?

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 5
Silly question (maybe), but are you sure you have the bass sliders set the same on each cup?

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm not sure about these since I don't own them, so there could be some weird thing with these that could create an issue like you describe, I don't know. I don't see what it could be, but who knows. Reading around on threads about them should reveal anything like that. But honestly, if you are unhappy with them, your purchase, then I would contact the store and try to get a replacement. If you did indeed just buy them, I can't see the store giving you a major problem in trying to exchange them.

Maybe you could try and listen to the replacement pair before leaving with them, I don't know if they'd let you do that. But it would solidify your findings and also prevent it from happening again, in the case that it isn't the headphones.

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 5
I contacted the store today. They told me that they just had another customer who reported the same problem. So it seems to be a production problem then. I'm probably going to return them. I have just ordered a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 to compare them with.

Which other headphones should I be looking into, that are closed, good looking and about the same size as these? (And good sounding, of course!) I'm going to use them as a "do not disturb sign" in an open office environment. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back