Under The Iron Sea - Keane
Jun 28, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 25
I just got the album as well. I have listened to it a few times. I really like it so far. Definitely a really nice mellow album with with enough tempo to keep you awake. Some of the lyrics are really cool as well, although I can't remember them off the top of my head
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 25
Dreadful, to be honest. Of course, I make the disclaimer that this is only my opinion. Dull instrumentation, bad lyrics, no pace, and it's indistinguishable from most of the rest of todays British "alternative" rock bands. Thank goodness I didn't buy it (borrowed it from a friend).

Jun 29, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #18 of 25
Bought it last saturday as part of the monthly post-paycheck CD binge.

I quite enjoy the first half. The second half is kinda dull. Dunno, maybe I may get into it as I listen to it more.
The Japanese Version's bonus track wasn't worth it.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #19 of 25
Listened to it last night on my way home from work (that hour long drive is good for some things
biggrin.gif
)...it's a pretty good album. Not nearly so spotty as their first album (which I like BTW), and they've got a bit more of an edge. I think that some of the stuff sounds like Radiohead from "The Bends".

I'm going to give it a listen this evening on the home rig...I'm thinking it will be a good listen.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #20 of 25
BTW - I just listened to the DualDisc of the first album. They did a much better job mixing it than the redbook...not nearly as hot, a lot more detail doesn't get squashed by over-compression.

That said, it comes up with the 5.1 mix as the default. Need to turn on the TV to change it.
mad.gif

Jul 1, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #21 of 25
It's a fine slice of pop art. bought it 2 days back. I don't own their first album so I can't make a comparison. This album is also ssssibilant...
tongue.gif

Oh, the lead also has a great voice.

Jul 13, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #22 of 25
I love it, lyrically, musically, and just the overall attitude/feel of the songs. It's uplifting in an intelligent, non-BS way. The opening track and "A Bad Dream" rock hard.

Aug 2, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #24 of 25
Am I the only one who thinks the second CD is definitely better? I find it much more cohesive. I love the whole album, but tracks 1, 5, 10, and 11 just kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back