Under 80$ (hopefully 70) Recommendation for me
Oct 24, 2010 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GoldenX

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys!

I am a big fan of this community since they paired me with my ATH-M50 so now I would want to ask for your help again.

here's the background,
I started with the M50s since I was working from home and didn't really mind the large headphones and unwieldy cabling since I loved the sound. However, after a few months (I think around 6 or 7), I got into a new company and would now have to work at an office. I now find the long cables and the large headphones a bit of a distraction for using in the cubicle as well as when I commute to the office. Apparently, wearing the cables (the length really is cumbersome) and the rather large headphones while wearing a dress suit slacks, can be a bit of a mismatch
biggrin.gif

Thus, I am now looking for a change of headphones. I will be using them for the office but would still be using  the M50s for when i go out for leisure or when I am at home. Thus. here are some of my requirements:

In order of priority:

Cost: 70 dollars and below but would probably consider going to 70-80 with proper prodding from you guys
Cable: I would very much prefer if the cables could be removed/reattached instead of the permanent one.
Sound Quality:  I listen to mostly kpop/jpop and it's filled with electronic tunes nowadays. A recent thing that I found is that I am quite amused with bass now (i used to hate it).
Sound Leak: I would love it if the cans would not leak the sound out, so that I would not disturb the people that I'm seated with.
noise Isolation: Some noise canceling/isolation would be preferred too.
Size: Honestly, I don't mind if it would be as big as the m50 but the smaller may be a better fit with what I'm trying to build

Oh and ear clips are a no no. For some reason the frames of my glasses don't really agree with the KSC-75
biggrin.gif

I also don't like earphones/IEMS

Other information that you may need:
I have an Ipod touch 3rd generation, a fiio E1 that I use (mostly for the remote and not the audio boost), and most of my files are CD rips - mp3 320kbps.

Hopefully you guys, could suggest some cans that I could look into,

Thanks

Oct 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Numark PHX Pro. They should be around $70, come with three pairs of detachable cables in diff't lengths, sound pretty good (not quite M50-good but close), and are closed-back.

Oct 25, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply!

Sadly, I don't think the local stores here carry Numark PHXs, also I heard some issues regarding driver balance about it. But i kinda like the fact that it had plenty of options
biggrin.gif

I'll keep this in my shortlist as I wait for other suggestions

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back