Undecided on Alessandros
Dec 1, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe I have read every post ever written here in Head-Fi concerning the MS-Pro.

....and MS2i as well!!

(at least twice!)

And if the cost wasn't a consideration, the MS-Pro is invariably the clear winner!!

I am very fond of my MS2i, but...well....were I still a working engineer rather than a retired one....
tongue.gif

Seriously, if a compilation were taken of those who have heard both the MS2i and MS-Pro, the MS-Pro wins by a large margin.

You seem to be on a path towards the neutral side (not unwise at all)..you should just break down and start hunting a HP-2 and be done with it!!
tongue.gif

If I recall the S2i's were a gift for fathers day for you right?? This way you can retain them and opt for a home critical reference monitor..and then just lie about the price paid when they show up! (like the rest of us), just kidding..but seriously..have some Chicago or Linda Rondstandt standing by that you can play for her, then urge her on the notion of having two serious phones in the home for listening!!

voila, another pair of Grado phones
icon10.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You seem to be on a path towards the neutral side (not unwise at all)..you should just break down and start hunting a HP-2 and be done with it!!
tongue.gif

If I recall the S2i's were a gift for fathers day for you right?? This way you can retain them and opt for a home critical reference monitor..and then just lie about the price paid when they show up! (like the rest of us), just kidding..but seriously..have some Chicago or Linda Rondstandt standing by that you can play for her, then urge her on the notion of having two serious phones in the home for listening!!

voila, another pair of Grado phones
icon10.gif

Yup, close though; the MS2i were for my birthday!

Kind of a lead-in weight wise for an even heavier HP series holy grail model. Yeah!! I'd probably still need a neck brace to hold the things up, but that would sure be an excellent goal to work toward!!

Currently looking to tunnel over into the dark side just a bit with a set of HD600s to test out the waters over there.

That'll be fun. Wonder which one Linda will sound best on?!!
600smile.gif

......to be honest though, those phase switches caught my attention years ago and just won't let go!!
cool.gif

Dec 1, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 20
umm, if the choice hasmt been made yet, i would also swing to the ms-pro above the ms-2i.

when i had them, i found that the ms-pro did the disaperaing headphone trick WAYY better than any grado i have heard. *

*except for the hp2

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

IME, it's always prudent to get the best you can afford because later on you will most likely feel you should have went "all the way."

That is 'exactly' what i did when i upgraded to IEMs from my old sonys. I found a great price for some new e3cs and then after pulling the trigger... 2 days later saw e4s for around $182 and immediately got 'buyers remourse' before the e3s even arrived, so i ordered the e4s too
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back