Unboxing: Meier Audio Corda QuickStep and PCStep
Aug 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by antberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

About the Quickstep,it have black ground noise , any hiss with you iems,even at low volumes?

I only have Ety MC5. With it I can't hear any hiss / hum from the QuickStep, even when not playing music.

Aug 8, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #32 of 49
I think my QuickStep deserves a better headphone. That's why I gave my old Bose AE2 to my brother and bought this today 
smile_phones.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

good choice. How does HD650 sound under it?

Very accurate presentation of symphony music - detailed, spacious and airy. 
I play classical guitar. I find HD650 + QuickStep deliver good tone color of classical guitar music too.
The music files I listen to are in AIFF format.

One thing I may not be very satisfied at this moment is that this combo is a little bit shy of energy when playing big symphonies. Perhaps it is due to the fact that both QuickStep and HD650 are not fully run-in.
Now I am thinking to get a 15V power supply to juice up my QuickStep. 
smile.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #39 of 49
Quote:
One thing I may not be very satisfied at this moment is that this combo is a little bit shy of energy when playing big symphonies.…Now I am thinking to get a 15V power supply to juice up my QuickStep. 
smile.gif

Thanks for the reviews!

Oh, and the quote is just another classic example of:

"Welcome to Head-fi; say good-bye to your wallet"
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #40 of 49
Just received my PCSTEP and after a short listening I can say that it is really a very good DAC/AMP - it even drives my HD600 well 
smily_headphones1.gif

What power supply is the best for it?

Jul 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #41 of 49
Quote:
Dear headfellows,

"Can the PCStep handle 24/96?"

Sorry, but 16/48 maximum!

Jan

hi 
since you have ties with the company meier,
 i liked to ask you which one is better the pcstep or the quickstep,
i only considered the pcstep since it has the usb power option
(i have a potable charger so i don't need to rely on battery when used as a potable, since my charger is rechargeable i don't need to waste money on batteries)
consider that i am very critical about the midrange, instrument separation, resolution(fine timbre quality that shows grist yet is not bright or strident or shows any evidence of graininess), and
natural sound that is subtle, and a good vocal capacity, good low end extension(like balance with depth and density, not just the typical upper bass hump with just punch, but not to fat or flooding towards the mid range), good soundstage (don't like amps that sound to crammed or congestive or give that choking, overly strident and bright quality), a amp that is detailed and dynamic and revealing ( not to dynamic) throughout all ranges, and a dense sound(not to dense), sweet sounding( always a sucker for a good mid range and sweet sound), layered (not to linear) so all ranges plays at it's own terms with richness and quality so it does not choke or focalize anything (fight for the spotlight), transparency throughout all ranges (so it does not bury anything in the mix), with good warmth (but not to fat or too lush), and a headphone with not to much edge but the perfect amount(upper mid range, highs) to corroborate and tie in with the mid range, an don't like a thin overly bright sound, also with very good driving capability and good juice (i don't like gain hungry amps) 
i am was looking for a good amp to pair with my q701's that was remotely potable since all my amps are massive plug in to the wall type amps, i have tried many many fiio amps, but i did not like them. TY for your time :wink:

Jul 15, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #42 of 49
Dear Ihearnoises 1981,

as an amplifier only the QUICKSTEP is the better of the two. It uses the concept of "active balanced ground" and thus is able to reach a higher sound level than the PCSTEP. Be aware, the QUICKSTEP is considerably more expensive and has a higher current consumption even although the PCSTEP has the additional feature of a built-in USB-DAC. There is a reason for that.

Still the PCSTEP is not to be underestimated. It gives a lot of listening pleasure.

If your source is a PC with on-board soundcard, then the PCSTEP will be a nice step forward. The performance in combination with a QUICKSTEP would probably strongly limited by the soundcard.

If, on the other hand, your source is of pretty good quality, then the QUICKSTEP should well be considered.

I hope this helps a little bit,

Jan

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #43 of 49
 THANK YOU,
although they are different prices and the pc step is cheaper,
i will now consider to go buy the quickstep, since now i know the pc step is inferior of sound quality
towards the quickstep, i was just considering the pc step since you can use the usb 
as a power source, and since i have a portable charger, i wouldn't have to pester my self with buying
9V batteries if used as a potable 

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #44 of 49
Quote:
Dear Ihearnoises 1981,

as an amplifier only the QUICKSTEP is the better of the two. It uses the concept of "active balanced ground" and thus is able to reach a higher sound level than the PCSTEP. Be aware, the QUICKSTEP is considerably more expensive and has a higher current consumption even although the PCSTEP has the additional feature of a built-in USB-DAC. There is a reason for that.

Still the PCSTEP is not to be underestimated. It gives a lot of listening pleasure.

If your source is a PC with on-board soundcard, then the PCSTEP will be a nice step forward. The performance in combination with a QUICKSTEP would probably strongly limited by the soundcard.

If, on the other hand, your source is of pretty good quality, then the QUICKSTEP should well be considered.

I hope this helps a little bit,

Jan

So now that i know which one to buy, where would i go to and much does a unit cost (quickstep), can you hook me up Jan?

Jul 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #45 of 49
Simply send a mail with your full name and address as well as the color of the amp to:

meier-audio@t-online.de

I will then provide you with all information needed to complete the ordering procedure.

Cheers

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back