[Unboxing & First Impressions] The Custom Art Music One unboxing video
Jul 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TommyNavara

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Everyone!
Here's the unboxing video of the Music One CIEMS by The Custom Art. Enjoy!

First Impressions & Review coming soon

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 5
There we go guys,
let's dive into the review of this beautiful ciems.
First of all the source gear:

PCFlacs >> FiiO e07k
Flacs >> RockbIpodClassic >> LOD >> e07k
FLACS >> Sandisk sansa clip+

Then i need to spend a couple of words about Piotr, the custom art owner.
He's epic i mean, you got a problem? Just throw an email, wathever problem it is, he can solve it. I know that there are a lot of professional silicon ciems brands out there but it is almost impossible to get that human touch as you get with Piotr.

Ok let's begin with build quality:
My silicone ciems are very well made, even if the shell is not bubble free. The cable is fixed and this can be a handicap but there's a large warranty so no problem about that.
The length of the Y split can be annoying. I've found that the only way to put on the ciems is to let the cable go behind the neck.
I got a black cable and it feels a bit cheap, maybe it's just my feeling.
Everything else is flawless.

Sound:
we've got a mantra here;
repeat with me: clarity, clarity, detail, detail.
I love how sparkling the highs are, but not harsh, mids are sitting there doing well their job, and bass and sub bass are fast, deep, but not that punchy.
There's a lot of room too: the sound is spacious and airy, soundstage is good.
This little sonion boy is tuned as a charm.
The sound is fun, really, not fatiguing but yet analitycal... can't stop listen to them.
My listening test are based on: Classical, Ambient, Electro, Trance, female vocals, jazz, lounge.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
Fantastic sound, Piotr is epic, very well built.

Cons:
Y split on the cable short, little bubbling on silicone.

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks TommyNavara!
Haha, otterbox requires some time to get used to. Opening is always complicated at the first time. Quick tip - put your thumb on the top of the box and pull the clip up with the side of your forefinger :)

Looking forward to your listening impressions.

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm interested to buy this CIEM with detachable cables, it would be around 250 incl. shipping for me to, is there any other CIEM with a single driver for this price range? Other question is how great would this CIEM perform on my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (using PowerAMP)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back