UM3X or SM3 or... for my tastes?
Aug 9, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
Hi,
I've just got a pair of Earsonics SM3 v1 and totally happy with their sound quality and comfort.
SM3's bass and mids are great to me, good/fun amount of bass and sweet mids with wide soundstage.
Although the treble is kinda laid-back/recessed, I found the SM3s are very musical and non-fatigue.

Not sure about the UM3X, but I've tried the Westone 4s and not so fond of their sound signature.

btw, where can I find a good price SM3 v2 ? Found them on their site for EUR345 ($430-ish).

I have a brand NIB pair of the Earsonics SM3 V2's if you are interested.

PM me.

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #17 of 17
Not too sure but with the rock music, I enjoy the soundstage, as music is presented more musically? And I like listening to vocals. There's more emotion sounds with the sm3s which makes the music engagining, while the um3x sound is fast, but cold sounding, a bit clinical like you are in the studio listening critically rather than getting involved. It's an intimate presentation which some people may like, but I enjoy the warm rock sound that's not that fatiguing.

The um3x does have awesome sound separation more so than the sm3 if that's your thing.

The drums sound more natural with sm3 with more reverb, while with the um3x fast but not as natural sounding

Cheers
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back