UM2's + ety tips inital impressions
Jul 14, 2005 at 10:14 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali
If this fails, you might be a candidate for custom ear molds, which many say brings the sound to "a new level."

I'm guessing this would also be a reasonable expense instead of selling and getting new ones too
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to hijack but I take it the custom ear molds really are worth the $110??

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 31
I dunno guys, Im tryin and trying but Im not getting this magic seal which transforms this rather disappointing sound into slight nirvana... and it sounds even worse with the foams, let alone these ety tips.

One might have to ask whether the extra $140US I'd have to pay for custom molds would actually be worth it cause right now Im reconsidering these earphones..... *sigh* i mean the bass is only there when i crank it up, otherwise it just sounds really really boring (and in the case of ety tips) sibilant. ACK! what do I do??!

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:17 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
I dunno guys, Im tryin and trying but Im not getting this magic seal which transforms this rather disappointing sound into slight nirvana... and it sounds even worse with the foams, let alone these ety tips.

One might have to ask whether the extra $140US I'd have to pay for custom molds would actually be worth it cause right now Im reconsidering these earphones..... *sigh* i mean the bass is only there when i crank it up, otherwise it just sounds really really boring (and in the case of ety tips) sibilant. ACK! what do I do??!

Perhaps your UM2's are defective!! I would consider exchanging them!

Believe me, unless there is something DRASTICALLY wrong with your method of insertion, you are just not getting the correct sound from these canalphones!

You should not have to crank up the bass on any MP3 player, if anything, you should have to reduce it!

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #20 of 31
I would wait a week before contacting them.

Can't you drag up your upper part of your ear and insert your finger in your cannal-hole,then you learn how your ear is shaped.Try to think of that when Inserting,IF I push my um2 with biflanges in wrong way I don't get much sound.

And try to snap your fingers when your're listening to music,with good seal you shoulnd´t eb able to hear the snap.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:29 PM Post #24 of 31
There must be something wrong then...When I listen to "wandue project-king of my castle" the bass slam kills me,I must turn the bass down. The bass of um2 sounds so full and rich and give a feeling that you're listening to something much bigger than the um2.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:52 PM Post #26 of 31
Sorry to hijack slightly but what is the informed opinion on sibilance when moving between the comply tips and the Ety or Shure modified bi-flanges ?

I am detected a degree of sibilance from my new UM2s with the comply tips. This is with some mild (+4db) treble boost from my Zen. I was wondering if the bi-flanges would be better ?

btw - the bass is awesome !

Thanks,

Andy.

Jul 14, 2005 at 4:38 PM Post #28 of 31
If you boost the treble with biflanges you'll get harsh if you listen to loud volume,but I avoid loud music,I don't wanna be deaf or something when I'm 25 so I don't hear the harsh .
The um2 sounds good witout EQ when using biflanges but without EQ and using comply tips the are too bassy. It's like a bass-filter over the vocals that I dislike.

Jul 14, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #29 of 31
So I send an email to Mike at Frequency City Sounds and here's the reply I get

Quote:

The UM2 isn't realy know for bass heavy. It's well balanced. Having to boost the bass to get what you want doen't sound unusual to me. If you think it's broken send it back to westone, tell them you purchased it from freq city sound a couple months ago. tell them the problem, they'll fix, replace or send it back telling you nothing wrong.

Not known to be bass heavy? What? oh Man I dont wanna have to snd it to Westone just to have them sent back saying nothing is wrong @#$%

Jul 15, 2005 at 10:26 AM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
So I send an email to Mike at Frequency City Sounds and here's the reply I get

Not known to be bass heavy? What? oh Man I dont wanna have to snd it to Westone just to have them sent back saying nothing is wrong @#$%

eyy,give me your e-mail,I'll send you some bass samples. Maybe they will help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back