UM2 VS Westone 2s
Oct 10, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:

No. I think the UM2 is better value than the UM3X and don't agree with the poster who said the UM2 is a poor man's UM3X. Yes, the UM3X sounds better but not significantly so. I think a lot of people don't know just how good the UM2 is - I myself was very surprised and, in fact, find it a better sounding IEM than the much hyped SM3, the SE530 and the ridiculously expensive (and quite hyped) SE535.

well im no huge fan of the um3x but i disagree with you here, i found the um2 to be rather dull and disappointing

Oct 10, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #17 of 20
I owned and absolutely loved the UM2s, but I now own the UM3x and for me there was a very definite step up in quality.

I thought the UM2 was a fun sounding earphone with a warm, smooth sound signature. In my opinion the UM3x isn't quite as warm sounding but is more mid forward and to my ears it's a lot more detailed. While it's not as warm overall the bass is tighter and more punchy.

In my opinion the UM3x is a worthwhile upgrade from the UM2 but the UM2 is still a great earphone.

It goes without saying that both earphones are incredibly comfortable, have great isolation, and (IMHO) the best cable on the universal market.

Sep 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #18 of 20
I picked the UM2 but have not recieved them yet. There was some concern about the size being bigger but i have some huge ears. Also there was the question about the w2 being less than the um2?? What is up with that? I know that the um2 are a older model but why still more expensive. This will be my first IEM.  Well in the end it was a looks choice. I decied the clear plastic was interesting.  Should get them soon
blink.gif

Sep 4, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
I picked the UM2 but have not recieved them yet. There was some concern about the size being bigger but i have some huge ears. Also there was the question about the w2 being less than the um2?? What is up with that? I know that the um2 are a older model but why still more expensive. This will be my first IEM.  Well in the end it was a looks choice. I decied the clear plastic was interesting.  Should get them soon
blink.gif

UM2 is made in USA, W2 is made in China.  That is your price difference.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #20 of 20
Got my UM2 today.  I am no expert but i will explain my experience at best possible. At first i didn't know what to think.  Really was hoping for some amazing experience compared to headphones. But putting things in my ear was not comfortable at first. Its not like you can just take these things out and put them back in a second.  The sound was not impressive at first.  Although it is clear and neutral compared to my 32ohm headphones.  The back ground noise was blocked out by the foam ear pieces but i could add those to almost any in ear.  So i as time went on i started listening to all my music. First thing i noticed was that the music coming though was definitely different.  You don't have to turn up the volume much.  So i started adjusting the volume louder depending on the song.  To my surprise i could really jam out with these. The music is easy on the ears. When i turn up the volume on these the music is still clear and comfortable. I felt like i could listen to music all day. I ended up listening for two hours straight and no fatigue nice.  Being portable and being able to block out noise are some reasons i purchased IEM. I am ready to put them to the test in the coming months. I will be using them for running, gym, travel, and chilling in my garden. Lets see how these hold up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back