UM2 repair costs?
May 18, 2009 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GIGANTOID

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for any first hand experience on costs to repair these. Had them for several years and the left earpiece seems to be dead (due to a wire is my best guess). Already called for RMA# just want to know what I can expect.

TIA.

May 18, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 6
My experiences have been very positive with Westone. Top-notch customer service. Did you purchase directly from Westone?

May 18, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 6
So nothing apparent at all as to it breaking down? Rain, sweat or otherwise?

Just a passing interest... so I know when I can expect to be forced into upgrading
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 19, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #6 of 6
yes, definitely out of warranty since I bought them second hand in late 2006. These are about 4 years old and haven't had a single issue with them. I use them in an office, while walking etc. The only thing prior to that is just recently the little plastic sleeve that slides up and down the L and R cords developed a crack in it. Heh
wink.gif
They just went out all of a sudden. No gradual loss of sound. I put them on this morning to see if it was a wire and I was touching the earpiece wire connector and the sound came on and went away. So I'm sure it's a wire.

just wondered on cost, it would still be cheaper than new earphones. don't have the duckets to throw at a UM3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back