UM Custom Monitor Appreciation and Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #17 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what???? no chartering of an aircraft to go collect them in person from the factory the instant they are ready. you realise we are all terribly disappointed with your lack of dedication.

NOW YOU'RE JUST GOING TOO FAR!
mad.gif
. Riding a plane to China to pick up Customs???!!!! My dedication is at it's fullest! or i wouldn't even be bothering to review these!

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 73
I'm so so so tempted to insist that hearyourself.com/alienears give me a full refund. Only problem is that it's stated somewhere that they dont give refunds for international orders!

After months of waiting and after receiving substandard AND wrongly built monitors, UM sounds like a much better choice!

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #19 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so so so tempted to insist that hearyourself.com/alienears give me a full refund. Only problem is that it's stated somewhere that they dont give refunds for international orders!

After months of waiting and after receiving substandard AND wrongly built monitors, UM sounds like a much better choice!

Yes looking at your monitor, and my experience with their service it's rather horrid to buy from them. UM on the other hand supposedly has better build quality and control compared to Ultimate Ears. So, build quality shouldn't be a problem. Their representative, Sam tries to service you ASAP though he's behind schedule a lot of the time due to the cramming of orders and customers.

I would recommend UM if you are looking for a good service and quality. AlienEars seems to be falling behind, and going backwards compared to before.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOW YOU'RE JUST GOING TOO FAR!
mad.gif
. Riding a plane to China to pick up Customs???!!!! My dedication is at it's fullest! or i wouldn't even be bothering to review these!

You missed the <SARCASM> tag in Mark's post. He was messing with you.
wink.gif

My impressions are still on the way to Singapore and then China. I'm afraid it will be late October before I have my custom remolds. Seems like forever from now. But hopefully things will turn out well.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #21 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You missed the <SARCASM> tag in Mark's post. He was messing with you.
wink.gif

My impressions are still on the way to Singapore and then China. I'm afraid it will be late October before I have my custom remolds. Seems like forever from now. But hopefully things will turn out well.

and you missed my <SARCASM!!!!!> tag
wink.gif
..not to mention Mark did too haha. He messaged me after.

It sucks when you have to wait soooooo long for just one thing....

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #22 of 73
Chatted with UM and decided to get a pair of the new QUADS (He didn't mention the proper name for it). Now if I can find a place in Toronto that doesn't charge $70 ("PER EAR"!!) for the impression!!!!! Still searching....

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #23 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chatted with UM and decided to get a pair of the new QUADS (He didn't mention the proper name for it). Now if I can find a place in Toronto that doesn't charge $70 ("PER EAR"!!) for the impression!!!!! Still searching....

Yea, name is not to be disclosed as it will be announced on it's release. We simply call it the QUADS at the moment, at they will be costing around $600 USD. Wow $70/ Ear? it's $15/pair for me here...

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #25 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
..its not released yet? lol

no, it's not officially released yet.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #29 of 73
To those going for the custom shelling or one of their own models I recommend using UPS or Fedex. It will cost substantially more and more times than not you'll be just fine with USPS. But the fact my IEMs and my impressions are simply gone leaves a very bad taste in my mouth and I figure it's at least worth warning that it *does* happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back