Ultrasone Signature DXP
Mar 22, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #107 of 141
Anyone compared these to the v moda 100 m ?

Cant compare with the M100 but I’ve got the M80 and there’s simply no comparison. The Ultrasone is in an entirely different class to the V-Moda. It’s superior in every conceivable way. If you want a serious headphone that’ll last forever and sound fantastic, get the DXP.

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #109 of 141
Cant compare with the M100 but I’ve got the M80 and there’s simply no comparison. The Ultrasone is in an entirely different class to the V-Moda. It’s superior in every conceivable way. If you want a serious headphone that’ll last forever and sound fantastic, get the DXP.

Totally agreed! :)

It's a bit confusing, ultrasone signature pro, ultrasone signature studio and the dxp, from the reviews I'm thinking dxp but ultrasone signature pro has caught my interest too

Okay, let me simplify.

Sig Studio -> Bright, clear, lots of detail, more detailed than DXP, less bass, can be very bright, neutral bass, wide soundstage. AMAZING DETAILs and revealing abilities.

Sig DXP -> Less soundstage than Studio, more bass, more impact, way less bright, more smooth, more natural, easier to listen to, most natural sounding Ultrasone headphone to date.

Sig Pro -> Similar sound as Sig Studio but better earpad quality. Much older production though. May have a bit more detail than Sig Studio, but I heard it a whiiiiile ago.

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #110 of 141
Totally agreed! :)

Okay, let me simplify.

Sig Studio -> Bright, clear, lots of detail, more detailed than DXP, less bass, can be very bright, neutral bass, wide soundstage. AMAZING DETAILs and revealing abilities.

Sig DXP -> Less soundstage than Studio, more bass, more impact, way less bright, more smooth, more natural, easier to listen to, most natural sounding Ultrasone headphone to date.

Sig Pro -> Similar sound as Sig Studio but better earpad quality. Much older production though. May have a bit more detail than Sig Studio, but I heard it a whiiiiile ago.

Good observations, @Dobrescu George,

Was my findings exactly though overall earpad quality on Ultrasone, especially the Signature Series, is not the greatest, when I demo them about a month ago, only the DXP was listenable for any length as the other two's pads were close to being worn out.

As such, I did enjoy the DXP the most overall, regardless of pad quality, maybe one day to own but so many other gear beforehand... :p

Look forward to your next review !

Keep up the good work !

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #111 of 141
Good observations, @Dobrescu George,

Was my findings exactly though overall earpad quality on Ultrasone, especially the Signature Series, is not the greatest, when I demo them about a month ago, only the DXP was listenable for any length as the other two's pads were close to being worn out.

As such, I did enjoy the DXP the most overall, regardless of pad quality, maybe one day to own but so many other gear beforehand... :p

Look forward to your next review !

Keep up the good work !

Thank you for your kind words! :)

I agree, if anything, the earpads are the largest issue with Signature Series, bad comfort for most ears, a touch too small, and a touch too hard to be comfy all the way.

Seems like they changed them after a certain moment, because SP-5 from Adam Audio, which is basically the same headphone as Sig Studio, has a deeper earpad that is quite a bit more comfortable

Mar 25, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #112 of 141
Always, @Dobrescu George,

You deserve encouragement & acknowledgement for your work...

I will extend my response regarding the Signature Earpads, as stated, they are not the most universally comfortable which is bad in itself but also I find they don't last very long compared to most other headphones in the price range which is kind of sad...

Not really a fan of Adam Audio sound so no hurry to hear the SP 5 & yes, I am aware they are basically the same as Sig Studio & it is good to know with better ear pads.

Mar 31, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #113 of 141
How is the vocal presentation on the DXP? Vocals are the most important part of most of my music. I like vocals to stand out and be seperated from the other Instruments. Can the DXP deliver this? If not will one the other Ultrasone offerings be better at vocals?

Mar 31, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #116 of 141
I’d call the dxp slightly v-shaped, so whilst I think vocals sound really good on it, pretty natural, it’s not necessarily a mids-monster where vocals are super prominent. It’s a lovely balanced sound overall though, and I frequently bliss out with it listening to vocal music

Mar 31, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #117 of 141
Thanks for the advice but im looking for a closed headphone.
Ahh no cigar then.
Out of the three signature models though I’d take the Studio for vocalcentric music. It is the most ‘neutral’ of the lot to these ears and also handles genres that need a little umphh from the basement...which is to be expected from an Ultrasone.

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #119 of 141
Funny how that goes. I hear a slightly cavernous note to the Adam which I guess is what you are ascribing to the Studio.
Lesson? We should always demo headphones for ourselves because we don’t hear what others hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back