Ultrasone PROline 650 / 750 ?
Mar 26, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 18
I really appreciate all your responses, and as quick as they were. Consider me one step closer to enjoying a pair of 750's. I really enjoyed listening to them.. now I just need to.. pay for them.
next project will be another headphone amp. I've built a cmoy (basic opamp based) pocket amp that sounded pretty good with a bunch of the phones I listened to today.. which is part of my reasoning to get some good cans.. will have to build more... also, J.Meier sounds promising to get my cans from.. hmm.. Thanks again.

-Russ.

Mar 26, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you absolutely hate microphonic cables, the PROlines might not be for you, though.

Weird. I haven't experienced any microphonics at all with my PROline 2500 (FWIW, I use the coiled cable). The only cans I've owned which have had that issue are the Sony CD-3000.

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird. I haven't experienced any microphonics at all with my PROline 2500 (FWIW, I use the coiled cable). The only cans I've owned which have had that issue are the Sony CD-3000.

I guess the 2500 is built identical to the 750, but that is an open headphone, and microphonics shouldn't be as noticable as with a closed one.

The problem for me was that the plug that screws into the housing sticks too far down, and touches near my collarbone, especially when I lean back.
This might not be a problem for everyone, as I like to wear headphones low on my ears, but it was quite annoying for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back