ultrasone pro750's for $150
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

crz

New Head-Fier
On Craigslist. I'm in the market for a pair in this price range and I really want to like them :wink:. This would be my first pair and I wanted to know from you guys, how do they compare to m50s? A700s? They are brand new in original packaging with all the little extras. If I'm not happy with em I'm hoping somebody else would love to buy them for under $200

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
On Craigslist. I'm in the market for a pair in this price range and I really want to like them
wink.gif
. This would be my first pair and I wanted to know from you guys, how do they compare to m50s? A700s? They are brand new in original packaging with all the little extras. If I'm not happy with em I'm hoping somebody else would love to buy them for under $200

Heya,

I've seen PRO750's go for $150ish here on the forums. Not unprecedented.

They will have a larger wider sound stage than the M50's, more spacious too. They will have better low end control and response than the A700's. They have detachable cable, velour pads that are replaceable. The PRO750 in general is a "balanced" Ultrasone. A little on the bright side, like virtually all Ultrasones. It's a good headphone. I'd take it over the M50/A700 any day.

Very best,

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I have the Pro750 too. Awesome with both acoustic and electric guitars. Good with female vocals but great with male vocals. Nice and beefy bottom end without overdoing it. A bit of bite in the upper range though to me it's not as bad as Grado SR80 for example. A bit too bright for Asian pop music for example, haven't tried American pop, I'm more into metal, industrial and alternative rock.

Joshua

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 5
The pro750 have quality bass instead quantity (m50) they benefit greatly from a dac from my experience. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back