Ultrasone Pro 750
Oct 1, 2008 at 2:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
I just got me self the Pro 750s so far on the iPod Classic Flat EQ, the vocals seems very distant and i couldnt hear some detail that i can before on my ER6i, the surround, treble and bass are excellent.

i probably need an amp to get more out of this, coz i need to turn the volume up right now to hear it and its just fantastic, and it leaked sound badly :p 6/10 on iPod volume.

I Plug directly in the computer, and wow. everything the surround effects is even better... need to test it bit further... so far burn in around 30 hours.

not sure why it didnt pick up the detail like my ER6i did.. like missing some instrument :p

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 18
Get an iPod Line Out cable from ALO or brainsalad, and one of the good portable amps ... I have tested the Pro 750 with the Predator and the iQube, both fantastic, slight nod to the iQube for this phone.

This will solve your problem.

I also had my Pro 750's re-cabled by Drew at moon-audio: split entry cable, sivler dragon, short (3 feet), mini terminated. Perfect for travel -- they now fold without having to remove the cable! I keep them in a tight snowball using a velcro strap.

Oct 5, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 18
I have to agree, Pro750 requires some powerfull amplification.
I use it now with a RSA predator, the ensemble just rocks !
Before, without amp, things were really flat ...

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 18
Proline 750 + Predator = Synergy

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 18
oright 22 days gone since i got the headphones, and its pretty impressive so far. DVD concerts are excellent like the Eagles and it also tackles other music with confidence. I have gotten used to the sound on my iPod etc, very very good...

couple of issues, the thing is just too heavy on my head, i felt i got neckpains because of it, its like my blood is draining out of my head and felt dizzy after couple of hours... and that it put alot of strain on my head.. haha i suppose i cant lighten it... replace all the heavy plastic with light aluminium.. hehe just a dream.

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Proline 750 + Predator = Synergy

how would you say the sr71 and sr71a compare to the synergy achieved with a predator? i i have my 750 driven by a hornet now and it sounds good, but am always looking for that extra oomph, so to speak
wink.gif

eric b

Oct 27, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #8 of 18
I hear more detail on the PRO750's than my Ety ER4S. But that was on a Lisa III though. Also briefly tried them on a Pico and they definitely had great synergy together. Neutral amps do better with the PRO750's.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #9 of 18
PRo750 is closed back right?

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #10 of 18
Pro/Proline 750 is a closed back headphone. The headband clamps like crazy on your head thou. It has alot of depth in the music :p i love it how that i can hear in a mix track that the next track is at the background then comes to the front during crossovers. Damn its awesome. And this is without an AMP just on an iPod Classic 80G. Yes i do hear lots more detail as well (after burn in around 100hrs+) But the detail is offered in an spartial soundstage thus unlike ER6i where everything tends to be flat and i can hear it better the minor low volume details.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #11 of 18
Thanks man, My problem with Ultrasone proline is the way they look...really look like sony to me...and the cup are made out of plastic...I was thinking of getting the pro2500...but later on decided to switch to Audio technica ESW9, cost round d same, but ESW9 look amazing...

Quote:

Originally Posted by member1982 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pro/Proline 750 is a closed back headphone. The headband clamps like crazy on your head thou. It has alot of depth in the music :p i love it how that i can hear in a mix track that the next track is at the background then comes to the front during crossovers. Damn its awesome. And this is without an AMP just on an iPod Classic 80G. Yes i do hear lots more detail as well (after burn in around 100hrs+) But the detail is offered in an spartial soundstage thus unlike ER6i where everything tends to be flat and i can hear it better the minor low volume details.

Nov 7, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #12 of 18
Yeah i got canned by my colleges saying my headphones looks crap LOL but deep down i know it annihilates whatever they ever have since they are not that into it (they still use VMODA and PX200) hehe.

While i was searching for a complimentary to my headphones this time around i want it to be portable. and the ESW9 just felt very nice the look the size the weight. And even the sound is good apparently not sure how that stack up against the Pro 750 but yeah. Since i already got the Pro 750 i probably would just get the ES7 ($300 AUD difference in australia) The Sound probably would beat the PX200 (which is my goal) and its not that shabby.. so yeah.. Or i can get the ESW9... HAHAHA its 180grams thou but gosh it looks great.

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #13 of 18
I used mine with an ibasso D3 and a Rockhopper mini^3 using a qables supercab pro LOD...very very nice with both amps...though the ibasso is a bit cleaner and neutral.

Looking into the iqube/sr71a...not quite sure yet?

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #14 of 18
I've just ordered a pair of the 750's, and I'm wondering from all you owners out there, with a LOD, what amp will pull the most out of these cans? (This is my first foray into portable audiophilia)

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandPuba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just ordered a pair of the 750's, and I'm wondering from all you owners out there, with a LOD, what amp will pull the most out of these cans? (This is my first foray into portable audiophilia)

Congratulation, enjoy your new toy. First off make sure you allow the 750 to be fully burnt in, say about 200-250 hours. Next if you are truly going to use this on the go would be to get a shorter cable, something arount 4-5 feet long. It will make your experience more enjoyable by not having the cable hanging on "stuff". You do not need an expensive cable, either cut the straight one that ships w/ your 750 or buy a one from Ultrasone and cut it up to length and terminate to a mini.

As far as an amp the sky is the limit, the best would be for you to try them, maybe at a meet. Personally any of the following will be a good option IMO.

- Mini^3
- MiniBox-E+
- SR71
- The Hornet "M"
- iBasso D3
- iBasso P3
- Reference
- Supermacro IV

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back