ultrasone owners (especially ED9) - luck with Ultrasone customer service?
Apr 11, 2008 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

el_matt0

1000+ Head-Fier
hey guys, I've been lucky enough to snag a pair of used ED9s (
biggrin.gif
), however the only minor issue with them is some cosmetic "chipping" off of the finish on one of the plastic chromed cups (just the plastic cup, not the metal badge, for those who know the build of the ED9). I know they are no longer covered by Ultrasone, but I definitely forsee at least a slight possibility that I might be able to call them up and order a replacement plastic cup or two for the edition 9. should be an easy enough part to swap on myself, its just a matter of getting ahold of the piece! Ive heard bad things about the Ultrasone North America (canada/usa/mexico) customer service, in terms of them just not replying for weeks, months, if at all. I dropped an email to ultrasone germany too, hopefully Ill hear back. Can anyone offer me any advice here, or on the bizarre chance someone might know a different solution, please let me know! Has anyone had good experience with any of the ultrasone reps (what country?) in terms of ordering up replacement parts like this? I'm obviously more than willing to pay any international shipping dues and endure the wait time, so any suggestions worldwide are welcome! Cheers guys

Apr 11, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 9
I run the service dept here for UltrasoneUSA and don't know who you've spoken to but I respond to every email I get personally regarding service. Something something falls through the cracks, but that pretty much unavoidable with any business. But we've taken steps to prevent those types of incident and do our best to make it up to our customers if we do drop the ball on something. A lot of times our emails back to customers get stuck in their spam filters which we have advised people how to prevent that. What email did you send your request to as I haven't seen anything regarding you questions yet?

Apr 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 9
@ themick: Thanks a TON for the reply, means everything to hear back from an official rep! I wont name any names but I've just heard the odd report of people not hearing back from the North American Ultrasone customer service, and have had much better experience with the international ones. That said however, I'm not one to take other peoples word for it when it comes to that kinda thing, I generally prefer to base things off my own experience, and well, the fact that your here replying to this already speaks very well for Ultrasone USA so I don't really know what those other ppl were talkin about!

ANYHOW, i sent the email from mtt.carr@gmail.com, I can copy/paste it in a PM if you would prefer and if thats easier for you. Id far prefer to deal with Ultrasone USA as opposed to Ultrasone Germany or something, so if we could work something out that would be fantastic! Before anything else is said - can you simply tell me if there IS even any possiblity of me being able to acquire/buy some replacement plastic chromed cups for my ED9s (not the metal badge part, just literally the plastic surrounding cup). I'm not familiar with purchasing replacement parts type thing, and furthermore I'm not sure if it would be available on such a flagship headphone, I can only pray that it is, as Id really love to get my ED9s looking the way they deserve to again! (FYI I have one of the non-serial #'d pairs, I can send photos of the "scuffing" if it would help). Feel free to reply here in the thread, via pm, or to my email mick (mtt.carr@gmail.com). Cheers and thanks again for the reply from an official! (hope you didnt take offense to the "rumors" about missed emails from ultrasone USA)!
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 9
Apr 11, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #5 of 9
Yeah, we can get those. I'll email you with the particulars. That email you sent to is for the german us distributor who i don't believe is set up to handle part and service at this time. I didn't take offense...so no worries.

Apr 11, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks very much, I appreciate a ton. Please email me @ my gmail address with the particulars, I'd love to get on it as soon as possible. Well, you just made my day,
biggrin.gif
. Cheers.

Apr 14, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Haha, yeah, even at cost I can't afford them right now. I run a home studio which takes most of my gear buying money. Plus we have a couple of demo pairs sitting around that I can always take home with me if I want
smily_headphones1.gif
I've got a pair of the new DJ1s at home for my default listening pair which I really like. They're just fun to listen too.

Apr 14, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by themick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus we have a couple of demo pairs sitting around that I can always take home with me if I want
smily_headphones1.gif

Jealous! haha, so it does have its perks then
wink.gif
. btw sent you an email regarding the cups. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back