Ultrasone in the House
Dec 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

keezzzz

100+ Head-Fier
Picked up a set of Ultrasone PRO650 yesterday.
They sounds out of the box already good.
The comfort is very good, much better than my Grado's
The sound is rich and full , maybe nicer than my Grado 325
Never thought that i will say that
redface.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #2 of 8
The novelty of a new sound usually has you swaying towards them. Give it time. Get acquainted with the Ultrasones. Soon you'll start seeing the warts as well as the good in the sound. You'll then put back on the Grados and think differently or be more steadfast in your preference.

For me, my headphone experience has often been like a bad marriage. Seemed like Nirvana at the start, but then..... Additionally, old relationships that seemed like the pits ... well.....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 8
the big difference is also that the ultrasones are closed, i'm not used to that, my Grado's are open. So far the music sounds very goor, specialy my favorite Pink Floyd.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 8
Apart from the HFI-15G's, the DJ's are still my favs. Haven't worn my pro750's for months.

Dec 6, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by keezzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

anything's more comfy than Grado's I think...and the Proline650 are clearly not the most comfy around. But if your brain likes their SS technology, you sure will enjoy it a lot!
L3000.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apart from the HFI-15G's, the DJ's are still my favs. Haven't worn my pro750's for months.

So how do you like the HFI-15G's? I have thought about picking them up for a while but I can never find any reviews on them.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by keezzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Picked up a set of Ultrasone PRO650 yesterday.
They sounds out of the box already good.
The sound is rich and full , maybe nicer than my Grado 325
Never thought that i will say that
redface.gif

Congrats! As the Ultrasone seem to be a brand on the rise, it should be interesting to hear your impressions as you get to know your new cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back