ULTRASONE EDITION 9: LOVED or LOATHED?
Nov 18, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #31 of 37
I was talking about a rig were I had impression both were served well, and showed what they were capable of pretty obviously. Bass alone in the HD600's is below average in this low-high-end region, plus unfocused trebles and uneven midrange. Then you take the E9's and the only imperfect thing is trebles, rather slightly decolored than rolled off but appriopriate tubes fix this issue, i.e. 45 mesh plate from Emission Labs.
There is nothing wrong in preferring imperfect things causing more heart beat than technically arised applause but let's be honest, technically better headphones can give synergy on higher emotional level, don't they?

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was talking about a rig were I had impression both were served well, and showed what they were capable of pretty obviously. Bass alone in the HD600's is below average in this low-high-end region, plus unfocused trebles and uneven midrange. Then you take the E9's and the only imperfect thing is trebles, rather slightly decolored than rolled off but appriopriate tubes fix this issue, i.e. 45 mesh plate from Emission Labs.
There is nothing wrong in preferring imperfect things causing more heart beat than technically arised applause but let's be honest, technically better headphones can give synergy on higher emotional level, don't they?

As soon as I think of some piece of equipment that it is "technically superior" it is a clear indication for me that there is something emotionally very wrong with it.
redface.gif

Sometimes a minor quirk, possibly totally insignificant to others, can bug me so badly that it consistently ruins my listening pleasure, while other obvious colorations (like in the JVC DX1000 for instance) don't bother me at all.

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 37
I had such a situtation with the E9's prior to upgrading the source. Amazing at the start, disgusting after several minutes. It's a matter to work out. I think the GS1000's are of slightly worse kind in terms of bashing your equipment. They just can be fatiguing and uneven but when properly matched in the setup, they do things which for instance my RS2's can't do. Not much of it but of high emotional value, if you know what I mean.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by majkel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had such a situtation with the E9's prior to upgrading the source. Amazing at the start, disgusting after several minutes. It's a matter to work out. I think the GS1000's are of slightly worse kind in terms of bashing your equipment. They just can be fatiguing and uneven but when properly matched in the setup, they do things which for instance my RS2's can't do. Not much of it but of high emotional value, if you know what I mean.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes I know what you mean.
I am right now listening to Ralph Towner's solo guitar with my GS1000 plugged in the Trafomatic Experience Head One.
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back