Ultrasone Edition 9 for $1193.64
Mar 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

achristilaw

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, northernsound.net has a batch of Edition 9's coming in for $1193.64 each plus shipping. They are slated for a May 1st delivery to them.
They ordered a batch of Six phones. It's down to five, I snagged one. They offer excellent competitive pricing and their customer service is above reproach. This is the third order I've placed with them and can't recommend them highly enough. And no I don't work for them or have any affiliation. It's just nice to find a retail outlet you can trust.

Mar 20, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 25
Congrats.... great price. Enjoy.

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 25
Man, do you believe the prices they are paying in Europe? A member in Spain would spend over 2K American. WHEW!!

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #5 of 25
I wouldn't spend over $200, period. I mean one thousand dollars for a pair of headphones make me go @_@. I spent $80.00 on my first pair of earphones and I thought that was too much..

you must REALLY like your music
smily_headphones1.gif
, or you're just nuts
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't spend over $200, period. I mean one thousand dollars for a pair of headphones make me go @_@. I spent $80.00 on my first pair of earphones and I thought that was too much..

you must REALLY like your music
smily_headphones1.gif
, or you're just nuts
biggrin.gif

This is Head-Fi, not Consumer Reports.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is Head-Fi, not Consumer Reports.
smily_headphones1.gif

tongue.gif

like this isn't even feeling sorry for your wallet, you're grieving now

but hey man enjoy

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by achristilaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, northernsound.net has a batch of Edition 9's coming in for $1193.64 each plus shipping. They are slated for a May 1st delivery to them.
They ordered a batch of Six phones. It's down to five, I snagged one. They offer excellent competitive pricing and their customer service is above reproach. This is the third order I've placed with them and can't recommend them highly enough. And no I don't work for them or have any affiliation. It's just nice to find a retail outlet you can trust.

Thanks for the info,I found that there prices are,cheaper than anyone else.

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #11 of 25
Hmm why does a headphone made in germany cost 2300 dollar (1499 euro) in germany and 1195 dollar in the us?
Theres some kind of negative tax in the us ? O.o
I have tried buying those in the us but I have found no place selling directly to europe .

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm why does a headphone made in germany cost 2300 dollar (1499 euro) in germany and 1195 dollar in the us?
Theres some kind of negative tax in the us ? O.o
I have tried buying those in the us but I have found no place selling to europe unfortunatly
frown.gif

I would think that in the US there are less regulations as to what a retailer can do when the wholesale price allows for this type of discount than in the EU which is known for it's much heavier regulatory environment.

Not sure, just conjecture on this point.

Mar 25, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 25
In the EU, the VAT must be added, which already means approximatively a +20%. Then, one must add distributor policies (the middlemen who often take a lot of money...), and perhaps some previous price negotiations that didn't hedge the dollar/euro parity with their current rate. The EU regulations will forbid selling at a loss, but nothing more - and I highly doubt this US retailer isn't making a profit. So it all comes down what the companies choose to do - lower amount of competition and smaller market will often mean higher prices, and even more so when the distributor has a market exclusivity...

Mar 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #14 of 25
These have been put off a number of times because of difficulties with getting them out. I have been waiting a couple of months. Hopefully the May 1st date will be correct but it keeps getting pushed out by 2 to 3 weeks every 2 to 3 weeks.

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:10 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turgidson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the EU, the VAT must be added, which already means approximatively a +20%. Then, one must add distributor policies (the middlemen who often take a lot of money...), and perhaps some previous price negotiations that didn't hedge the dollar/euro parity with their current rate. The EU regulations will forbid selling at a loss, but nothing more - and I highly doubt this US retailer isn't making a profit. So it all comes down what the companies choose to do - lower amount of competition and smaller market will often mean higher prices, and even more so when the distributor has a market exclusivity...

I think the US have to pay some kind of tax as well to import the product.
I believe the online seller get this headphone directly from ultrasone so there is no middleman.
I don' t think that justifiy paying 100% more in germany for a product built in germany.
Other european brands like sennheiser are actually much cheaper here than in the US which should be how it is.
I expect to pay more in europe for a prodcut made in japan or in the USA and I expect the same thing for japanese or americans buying prodcuts from europe.
How come ultrasone can't do the same thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back