Ultrasone Edition 8
Mar 14, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #1,502 of 2,099

Quote:
hehehe

that's new for me... listening glasses... i must choose my next pair like that

I like to see the look of the optometrist when you pull out a pair of headphones to put on to see whether the frame would interfere with the seal. 
dt880smile.png

Seriously though it's not as uncommon as one would think when it comes to choosing the right frame and fit for different usage, I mean I also have a pair which I use for skiing which would fit inside a pair of ski goggles with the least interference and would keep a good seal so the goggles won't fog up.  

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #1,504 of 2,099

Quote:
Hi guys. I'm new to head-fi. I did allot of research here on the Edition 8s before going ahead and ordering a pair. I am still awaiting for them to come. I'm now thinking how I ever got to spending over a thousand for a pair of headphones. Do you guys think its worth it? I might consider selling them without even getting to try it. If so would anyone be interested in purchasing them from me, once they arrive? 

Hi, just curious to know if you ended up having a listen to the ed8's once they arrived.  Seems a shame to spend all that money and then not even try them.  

Mar 14, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #1,505 of 2,099
I actually didn't even open them. Paid $1499 for them but will be listing them for sale for $970 for anyone interested. Would love to take a sneak at the sound quality, but kept them still wrapped in the bubble wrap.

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #1,508 of 2,099

Quote:
I actually didn't even open them. Paid $1499 for them but will be listing them for sale for $970 for anyone interested. Would love to take a sneak at the sound quality, but kept them still wrapped in the bubble wrap.

Looking at your location and price you wouldn't happened to have bought them from Addicted to Audio have you?  I guess that means no refund for you then.  But it seems a bit silly to buy them and not at least try them especially after doing a lot of research.  

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #1,509 of 2,099
Why did you buy them if you didn't want to try them?

Quote:

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #1,511 of 2,099
You have to at least listen to them if you're going to take such a hit when reselling. 

$530 is worth one listen. That's more than most people are willing to spend on headphones around here. 

Mar 14, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #1,514 of 2,099
Quote:
Just thought I would get more interest keeping them brand new. Not sure about other people, but I'm hesitant is buying used stuff, especially headphones. That's just me.  

I can sell a used pair of edition 8s. One that I've used for 2 years for 900 or so....  Put them on 800 in 3 years time and it'll go within 2 weeks.

There are people lusting for these and will snap up a good price instantly.

Especially with high end gear, people tend to take more care with them thus is a good deal.

Mar 15, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #1,515 of 2,099
I guess most people replying in this thread are probably already ed8 owners so I don't know if many people will be interested in a second pair.

But if you are interested in owning a high end pair of headphones at all, then you would be crazy to sell them.  

The outcome would have to be one of two things -

1 - Keep the Ed8's, plug them straight into your ipod.  Rig complete.  At the moment you are out of pocket $1500.

2 - If you sell them now, you lose $500, then if you bought, for example a more affordable pair of high end headphones like the Sennheiser HD650 for $500 and then you need to buy a good potable amp to power them nicely for maybe up to $500 with a good interconnect to complete your rig and you are still out of pocket $1500, but this way you have $500 headphones instead of $1500 headphones.

I am an ed8 owner myself and I have an Algorhythm Solo and a Ray Samuels Hornet amp as well.  Let's say for argument's sake that the sound quality is 10/10.  With the standard apple earbuds is 2 or 3/10.  Ed8's straight into the ipod would be about 9/10.  If you don't want spend any more money you really don't have to with these because they are so easy to power, but if you do sell them you'll just end up with lesser headphones for the same $ outlay...

or, I guess option 3 - Just unwrap them and have a listen to them anyway.  Looks to me like you would have plenty of interest at that price even if they were opened.  You may care if someone else has tried them, but some people don't care.  You only need one buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back