Ultrasone Edition 11 LTD - mini review
Aug 6, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 57
TWerk,
I feel the same way about the Mikros 90 with Momentum ear pads (which modify the closed portable Martin Logans into a "semi-closed" design), giving the MLs a "more open than open" soundstage.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #17 of 57
TWerk,
I feel the same way about the Mikros 90 with Momentum ear pads (which modify the closed portable Martin Logans into a "semi-closed" design), giving the MLs a "more open than open" soundstage.
I'm not usually a headphone pad guy nor do I like to mod anything - I like to run everything stock by manufacturer decision but sometimes on occasion you just hit that magical pairing!

These Ibasso's are the way to run the 780's and they will stay here.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #20 of 57
Enjoy! I love my Edition 11s. mine are connected via XLR to a Schiit Jot 2 and Schiit Gungnit Multibit DAC and an Allo RPI endpoint. If I'm in the office, it's a Bifrost (newest one) and Magnius + SB Touch endpoint. (I have a Roon server). Both are great pairings IMO.
Can anyone confirm this; there were only 1000 of these made? The store where I demoed the Edition 11 later told me it will be hard to get more stock in because this particular model only had 1000 of them made. At that price I would worry about Ultrasone actually bothering to support the headphone down the line, which is sad because I really liked the pair I demoed.

Aug 23, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #22 of 57
My love for the Edition 11 has been reignited. Damn!!!! they are so so sooo good 😍🤯. For anyone that is interested in tubes. This little Ampapa A1 is a gem. I got bored of my SMSL SH-9. But the A1 gave it life. Widening and adding depth to the soundstage. The low end has amazing texturing. Mids are smooth yet full and crystal clear. Treble has amazing extension. To say I prefer this match up of the SH-9 and A1 over my Schiit LYR+. I am impressed. Yes the LYR+ has more power. But the SH-9 + A1 just sounds so good
20230823_180348.jpg

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #23 of 57
Am currently enjoying the Edition 11 with the S.M.S.L. M400/S.M.S.L. SP400. Have the LYR 3 packed away in a sealed box downstairs [potential buyer backed out of a sale]. Might crack it open tomorrow and hear how it sounds paired with the M400.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #24 of 57
Can anyone confirm this; there were only 1000 of these made? The store where I demoed the Edition 11 later told me it will be hard to get more stock in because this particular model only had 1000 of them made. At that price I would worry about Ultrasone actually bothering to support the headphone down the line, which is sad because I really liked the pair I demoed.
According to Ultrasone, only 1111 were produced.

Sep 7, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #25 of 57
My love for the Edition 11 has been reignited. Damn!!!! they are so so sooo good 😍🤯. For anyone that is interested in tubes. This little Ampapa A1 is a gem. I got bored of my SMSL SH-9. But the A1 gave it life. Widening and adding depth to the soundstage. The low end has amazing texturing. Mids are smooth yet full and crystal clear. Treble has amazing extension. To say I prefer this match up of the SH-9 and A1 over my Schiit LYR+. I am impressed. Yes the LYR+ has more power. But the SH-9 + A1 just sounds so good
What tube(s) did/do you have on hand for the LYR+?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #26 of 57
Off topic - How do you like your 780i?

I put mine on with these Ibasso thick pads tonight and damn I think I just found a new winner... bass is very impactful and enhanced.

As for the edition 11 - it's going to be a different tuning than you're used to with Ultrasone. It wasn't for me personally but it is richer and smoother than typical. It is less excited up top but quite detailed and nuanced.

Swapped out the stock 780i PRO pads with Brainwavz oval hybrid pads. The Ultrasones' sound has significantly improved: tighter, quicker and more detailed with a richer, more liquid tonality.

1694220147229.png

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #29 of 57
Does anyone know where you can buy some replacement pads for the Ultrasone Edition 11? I contacted Ultrasone about it and they sent a reply email that it would be $116.81 + $40 shipping to the US, so I was hoping to be able to find a replacement pair of the pads for cheaper. Thanks...

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #30 of 57
A (belated) thanks to @FullBright1 for a nice review and also, I checked out the Sierra Hull album he referenced, enjoyed it very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back