Ultrasone Edition 10's recabled with TWag v2
Jan 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
A perfect marriage.

When you take the newest headphone to be released; Ultrasone Edition 10's with AMAZING sound and a design so new and attractive.
Add TWag v2, the latest in CryoParts wire, than you sprinkle Whiplash Audio engineering, than you have the next marriage that will stop anyone in their tracks.

I had some time to listen to the results and I must admit I was a bit surprised myself. Ultrasone headphones always responds well to TWag including the new v2. Heck, my microwave recabled even helps!!

So, here is some eye candy...

This was purchased by Warp08. I'm sure if you need impressions, he will certainly share them!!

If you have any interests in having your ED10's recabled, please contact me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

These were recabled balanced to XLR3 using Custom carbon XLRs. I also used the Ultrasone Y splitter which is well made.
In additon, if you are interested in purchasing a new pair of ED10's, I will be shipping in February once more are available.
I am an Authorized Ultrasone dealer!!

Another tease....

Enjoy!
Craig

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 22
Thanks, Craig, for your hard work on these babies.  I have begun the burn-in process using the Apache and my HM-801, but even now, I detect no hint of treble rolloff others have complained about in the Ed10 impressions thread.  I have yet to hear these headphones with the stock cable, so I have no basis of comparison.

As far as TWag V1 and V2; I have placed my V1-recabled Qualias next to the V2-recabled Edition 10s and it's easy to see that the V2 wire is noticeably thicker.  So much for the "marketing ploy" theory...

Before anyone asks, the price of this particular configuration was $500 on top of the cost of the Ed 10s.  These are 9' balanced XLR3s (Cryo-Parts premium connectors).

Feb 3, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 22

Quote:
Wow, just wow!

My words exactly when I took them out of the box, Lee.  Craig did a remarkable job with these.  Your rhodium-plated carbon-fiber XLR3 connectors are fantastic, BTW.  I prefer them to the top-of-the-line Furutechs.  Thanks again for all your hard work on making such a fantastic cable even better!

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 22

Quote:
Thanks Warp08!  I try really hard to create the best products I can, while keeping the price reasonable.

Mine will be arriving Tuesday!  Looking forward to them, indeed.

Peace,

Lee

Assuming you get the up-to-spec version, you will be in for a treat.  But you'll still want it sporting your own cable eventually.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #7 of 22

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Warp08!  I try really hard to create the best products I can, while keeping the price reasonable.

Peace,

Lee

Assuming you get the up-to-spec version, you will be in for a treat.  But you'll still want it sporting your own cable eventually.

Yea Lee does not have the "Pad" issue...

I added a few extras to his pad like mud, snow and other "natural" elements that should heighten his experience. (Oh, I'm joking)

Craig~

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Peace,

Lee

Yea Lee does not have the "Pad" issue...

I added a few extras to his pad like mud, snow and other "natural" elements that should heighten his experience. (Oh, I'm joking)

Craig~

Yeah, thanks, Craig.  Now I know why mine sound the way it is.  I bet I'm getting the same pad back without the mud...:)  I hope Lee appreciates me being the guinea pig.  LOL

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #14 of 22
Warp08 or Craig:

Who makes that pair of XLR connectors that was in the bottom picture of Post #2? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back