Ultrasone Dj Question
Oct 5, 2014 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
I have the Ultrasone Dj One Pro, which i am powering with fiio X5 as direct source.

Is fiio x5 enough to power them?...

And also, is it worth getting signature DJ, if i will have fiio x5 as the source?....

i am also interested if i can get a portable amp from fiio to power signature dj, if fiio x5 is not enough....

my dj one pro, seem to lack some bass?..... i thought i might try to get a fiio e12 for more juice, but i am not sure if it will be worth... i am not sure if i have where to try it, but i will try to fiind a shop to try the combo myself....

i did some reading around the signature dj threads and i am temped to go for them, but nobody didn't seem to try to power them with a fiio x5 yet.....

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 8
I found that Ultrasone has quite a lot of bass compared to the mids, but you can't hear it because your ears are deafened by the tizzy treble.
The best solution is to use an equalizer to lower the treble, that way you can enjoy the pounding Ultrasone bass.
Applying some cotton wool in the cups also smoothens out the treble.

Oct 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #5 of 8
I haven't heard the Signature series, but I can't help but think they are just HFI 580 and HFI 780 with additional damping in the cups....
Especially seeing how much my HFI 580 improved after modding them.

They do not need a dedicated amp to sound worthy of their price, but as with any headphones, a better amp does improve the sound.

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 8
i am thinking about getting the signature dj as i own the dj one pro, and i consider the soundstage to be the greatest possible... it is better than it is with my open speakers.... only the bass is very insufficient... this could be to protect the hearing... but i needed more bass for something like dubstep, electronica, or even avant-garde cabaret punk... as they have the double bass... onyl the bass is lacking,.... the rest of the sound is amazing!... and if it would be possible to fiind something even better, i would be willing to pay for it...

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #7 of 8
How about checking the huge thread about the Sig DJ?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623238/ultrasone-signature-dj

Users who are viewing this thread

Back