Ultimate Sony a728 Equalizer and DAC settings
Dec 22, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #77 of 101
Sorry this is a bit-off topic but is there any way to adjust the volume settings on the nwz-a828 within this menu or another way?

Even at full volume there's just not quiet enough there for me really.

Thanks.

Feb 23, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #79 of 101
I've tried this more than once and it doesn't seem to work with the 729.

I find that eq'uing it is a necessity; it's rather flat otherwise. Lifeless comes to mind.
On the other hand, it does sound quite good EQued. I can't access the DAC settings but am quite happy using the regular method.

Mar 12, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #80 of 101
EDIT: Thought the 'menu' button was the home/back button. Turns out that you have to press + hold the 'Option' button instead

DTKZ was generous enough to have helped me out.

Quote:

1) Make sure you're in the "Home" menu. You have to start there.
2) Enable "Hold" switch.
3) Hold down the "Option" button.
4) Enter: Up, Up, Down, Down, Right, Left, Up, Down, Up ,Down, Right, "Play" button
5) Release "Option" button.
3) Release "Hold" switch.

Thanks again DTKZ!
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #82 of 101
Really great to tune these values. For IE8 users i can say it's a nice thing to bring the bass down to make the IE8 more neutral sounding.
L3000.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chidambara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone point me to the service menu? I want to know what the other options are..

What is the problem? In the 1st post you can see how to access it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
andyone knows the original b-gain and t-gain value?
I did not mark it down..

For A828 it is: bass -4.5, treble 0.

May 4, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #83 of 101
Hmm...

I'm not sure I can get preferred sound with the Sennheiser CX300s, nor the supplied in-ear headphones.

Then there is always the damn "hissing", I'm really quite surprised that I have not seen any mentions of it while researching... I mean - hissing in an MP3 player which is supposed to have very good sound quality is a bit crap.
frown.gif

May 5, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #84 of 101
Yeah the hissing really sucks! I would not have bought it if I'd known it was so loud...

Is there any way of reducing volume in the service menu? I'm listening with IEM's and can't go any higher than 3 or 4 (out of 30something) without it getting painful!

May 5, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #85 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agentred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the hissing really sucks! I would not have bought it if I'd known it was so loud...

Is there any way of reducing volume in the service menu? I'm listening with IEM's and can't go any higher than 3 or 4 (out of 30something) without it getting painful!

Woooow. That does not sound right...

May 6, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #86 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agentred /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which IEMS? I'm using Monster Turbines and I am usually around 18-20 on the volume. It sounds like you either have a bad player or SUPER sensitive phones. I actually had to sell my Altec IM716s because this player could not drive them to an acceptable volume.

May 6, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #87 of 101
I'm using the UE-11's and they're INSANELY sensitive, I have this problem with almost every player! The Zune was too loud, the Kenwood HD60GD9EC was too loud (and hissed), the iPod and iAudio X5L were the only players I tried which really excelled at low volumes. It kinda defeats the purpose of having such high quality phones if I can't use them with portable players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back