ultimate shoe shine
Jan 30, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #16 of 19
I use Vasques for work. They are suede and can't be polished.
tongue.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #17 of 19
Ok, here's a skill I learned from my friend in cadets stuff.
After your shoes are worn out a bit, and it becomes difficult to shine. Add huge amount of shoe polish, spread it, then take a lighter and burn your shoe. It won't damage it since it has lairs of polishing wax on it. The wax would melt, and now you rub it, in circles. It should shine pretty well by now, then you add a thin coat of white shoe polish (it won't show as white, it's transparent), and then you're done. But it's just my advice, besides, I used it on military boots so don't blame me for ruining it.

Jan 30, 2002 at 6:33 AM Post #18 of 19
You guys are nuts.I hate shining shoes cause I have to.I have a new female Captain who is a rule warrior.She makes everyone wear full uniforms at all times,does not allow facial hair and is attempting to enforce all the weight and physical fitness regulations.Anyway,as soon as I get a new pair of shoes I melt an entire can of Kiwi Parade Gloss polish and coat the entire shoe wearing one of those brown jersey gloves.I let it sit for about a week.I then polish it daily(or every shift)use Parade gloss in light coats.I did this in the MARINES and I do it still.It works.I have the shiniest shoes in the firehouse.

Jan 30, 2002 at 6:37 AM Post #19 of 19
Odin:

That reminds me of the Red Green show. Have you ever seen the skit where Red's trying to strip the paint off his deck chair? He gets impatient with the stripper (mmmm) , so he starts moving up with more powerful chemicals (including something he found in the barn when the cow died) until the furniture is unrecognizable under the goo. After time has elapsed, you see the chair engulfed in flames, until only charred twigs remain. God I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Oh yeah, so getting back on track, I wouldn't want to set my leather shoes on fire. Yikes! I mean its leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back