Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Jul 2, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #786 of 811
A12t or UERR?
Those are two very different sound signatures. U-shaped vs very neutral/reference. Also, quite a big difference in price. What kind of sound tuning are you looking for?

Jul 2, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #787 of 811
Those are two very different sound signatures. U-shaped vs very neutral/reference. Also, quite a big difference in price. What kind of sound tuning are you looking for?

Neutral/reference but with enough resolution to identify and mix as many as 6 vocals+instruments+SFX tracks on location when studio monitors and headphones aren't accessible.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #788 of 811
Neutral/reference but with enough resolution to identify and mix as many as 6 vocals+instruments+SFX tracks on location when studio monitors and headphones aren't accessible.
That would be the exact purpose of the UERR, so that’s what I would recommend for that application. Another option would be the Etymotic ER4SR, but since that only has a single BA, for more complex mixes, I would favor the UERR. A CIEM would probably make the most sense for that application, but just in case you happen to be interested in a UIEM version of the UERR, they do sell it on Drop from time to time, for approx. $800.
https://drop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-pro-universal-fit-iems?utm_source=linkshare&referer=GEFAU8

While the A12t is an amazing all-purpose IEM, it‘s not neutral, and wouldn’t be ideal for mixing/mastering.

Hopefully there will be others that chime in as well.

Jul 2, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #790 of 811
For comparison.

5CE8CBEE-F3EA-4929-B8B0-1E76FFB6D454.png

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #793 of 811
Anybody tried 64Audio A4t?
Both UERR and A4t at $850 sale now.
Wonder how they compare...

I think the A4t is quite a bit more colored sounding (non-neutral) than even the A12t. I’m sure it sounds good, fun, and exciting, but would definitely not be a reliable reference IEM for mixing. Graphs definitely don’t tell you everything about the sound of an IEM, but they’re still very helpful.

15AB5671-4E0F-4DCF-8A15-6B7054464849.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back