Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 or Klipsch Image X10...any thoughts?
Dec 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

manfrog

New Head-Fier
Total rookie here...so please be patient haha

I have both of these headphones but have not opened them and am curious which ones people think I should keep. Got both at the exact same price so $$ is not an issue here. I will return one, but don't want to open before that...issues returning maybe.

I have read that UE are hard to fit, but great....on the flip side the x10's fit great, but not rival the sound of the UE's. Its really for casual listening only and all sorts of music. I want them to be comfortable too.

Asking a lot, but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 9
Yeh fit with TF10 is something to perservere with, you can change tips etc to get a fit, whereas sound wise, TF10 no brainer, thats why i suggested TF10, then you can worry about fit as you keep trying with them.

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 9
Why would you have any issue returning them? If you just open the box (open, not destroy :p) and try them, there's no reason why they wouldn't accept the return (I guess you bought them from amazon)

Also, I tried the X10 and they're good for 95$, but they aren't worth anything near their MSRP. I actually returned mine to amazon to buy the TF10 which I should receive within a few days

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #8 of 9
Maybe you've seen it already, but there was a recent thread comparing X10 to TF10: http://www.head-fi.org/t/582204/klipsch-x10-or-ue-triple-fi-10

I also bought both and decided to keep the X10 . I figured I'd sacrifice a little bit of sound quality for comfort and overall ease of use.

You might want to open and try both. If you can't return them to Amazon, you could recoup what you paid by selling them used in a couple months.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 9
If you're someone who prefers small tips, do NOT get the TF10.

I'm that guy. I always use small size tips on my IEMs, I got the TF10, and the only tips that worked for me were the Comply foams. This is fine and all, but they get pretty gross pretty quickly.

I just got the X10 this black friday, and while they don't have the jaw dropping clarity/soundstage of the TF10, they do have the best fit of any IEMs.

Soundwise, they're still pretty great. I don't have that much to compare to, but I'd say they're easily better than my V-Moda Crossfade LP, better than the Sony NC60, and have better bass than the TF10. Also by far better than Klipsch Promedia or Monster Turbines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back