Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Fakes?
Apr 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Broncos11

New Head-Fier
I am looking to purchase some Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's. I am very new to high end earphones and understand there is a fairly large amount of fakes out there depending on the model, and I am unsure of how worried I need to be when making purchases. As of right now I have two different places where I can buy the TripleFi 10's for a reasonable price. I found them brand new on eBay for $164 (here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200589153263#ht_680wt_1141   ). I also found them on Amazon from multiple merchants. Originally I was just going to buy them from Amazon, however, then I realized Amazon wasn't the merchant and it was a third party selling them. On Amazon I can find the TripleFis on sale for approximately $184 from multiple third party merchants (here is the link for that seller http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-TripleFi-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B0019RBJOE    ). My questions are should I be worried about fake TripleFi 10's? Should the warranties still be valid if purchased from these merchants? Finally should I purchase the TripleFi 10's from the third party merchant on Amazon or should I buy them from the merchant on eBay for $20 cheaper? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone knows where I can purchase the TripleFi 10's for cheaper or a more reputable seller please let me know. 

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 5
To my knowledge there are no fake balanced armature phones. Warranty is another issue. Manufacturers usually don't warranty unless bought from an authorized dealer. That being said, you can usually buy used for $130 to $140. Maybe less if you check the for sale forums here. Be sure and check sellers post count vs join date and feedback rating.

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 5
apparently there are fakes, but they haven't made it over seas yet. so really nothing to worry about.

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 5
Also does anyone know if the warranty from Logitech/Ultimate Ears will be voided if I buy them from a merchant on Amazon like the ones at the links above. I tried just asking one of the merchants I looked to purchase them from and he did not give me a straight up answer. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back