Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 27, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #1,231 of 1,260
Dec 27, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #1,233 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, yeah, I owned mine too. As for the cable twisting, I just don't wanna have to unwind it. I'll probably grab one of those small camera cases for it.

You don't have to unwind it. Just try it..

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #1,234 of 1,260
frown.gif
Looks like I missed out on the hype.

Sorry if this has been asked but what's the best going price for these right now? I see $140 being thrown around but I'm not sure where to get them. Show me the way guys, in head-fi I trust. I could really use a new pair of IEM's.

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #1,236 of 1,260
Just curious, but do the ones on eBay come with warranty?

I am meeting up with someone locally tomorrow who got them off eBay, so I'm checking. Also, are there any fake TF10s?

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #1,239 of 1,260
good evening.
I am in a dilemma here and need some professional advice. I just picked up the three Triple fi's I oreder (I am in Canada, had to get them shipped to friend in Buffalo who drove them up today)....I have basically sold two, I think both the buyers are committed.
I don't know what to do with the third??

I really want to get back into vinyl and could easily the third pair to pay for a phono preamp, or even a better turntable then the one I was recently given...BUT I really want to try out the triple.fi's and hear what all the hype is about.

I guess if I listen once, then the box is open and I am not going to sell them for what I could brand new. I listen to my iphone or Dell mini rarely and have a Fiio e5 amp and whatever the earphones that came bundled with them from Head Direct and they do just fine...

So do I crack the box and listen or do I sell them right away? My main phones are AKG K702 with DV336i amp with a 2009 zero dac (arriving tomorrow)....so will I regret listening to them? will I regret selling?

I leave this up to the professionals on Head-Fi to decide for me!!!

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #1,241 of 1,260
Listen to them and then sell them used on ebay/Amazon if you don't like them, explaining that they were used once, etc. You will at least be able to recoup your $100 spend. But given that your expectations already are very high (calling it hype says you expect them to sound great), your best option may be to just sell them NIB on ebay and get the turntable.

And yes, sell them on Amazon or ebay. Not only is it safer (re the post above), but you will get more for your turntable anyway.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #1,242 of 1,260
I would take a listen. They truly are great in ears especially for $100. If you don't have any high end IEMs and would like to upgrade your portable setup, open them. I guess if you don't really care about your portable, sell them.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #1,243 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would take a listen. They truly are great in ears especially for $100. If you don't have any high end IEMs and would like to upgrade your portable setup, open them. I guess if you don't really care about your portable, sell them.

I agree with this since it doesn't look like you have any other higher end IEMs. My main setup is a modded Denon 2910 > Audio GD C2C > HD600s and I found a lot to appreciate about the TF10s.

If I didn't already have RE0s and IE8s, I would have found a special place for them, but I ended up giving them to a family member.

Jan 4, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #1,245 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is my portable set up so far (Fiio with RE2) with iphone 3g2 and or Dell mini 9 (winamp)

I may sit on this for a day before I crack them open.

thanks for the advice

Ditch the fiio and use the TF10s straight out of the iPhone 3Gs. The iPhone 3G unamped is a more resolving source than most of the DAPs I've ever owned.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back