Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 25, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #1,202 of 1,260
Does anyone know the approximate cost of remaking these into customs and how to go about doing that? I've fallen in love with the earphones, but it would be nice to not have to worry about fit.

It's so nice to hear things in my music that I've never heard before
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #1,203 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by eocthermos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know the approximate cost of remaking these into customs and how to go about doing that? I've fallen in love with the earphones, but it would be nice to not have to worry about fit.

It's so nice to hear things in my music that I've never heard before
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...earing-454174/

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #1,204 of 1,260
So this is my 2nd day with my Triple's and the left one cuts in and out. What is going on here. I would hate to send them to fisher and get customs, then only to find out 1 week down the road I have a bad driver once it goes out.

What should I do?
#1 send back, get new pair, then remold
#2 send back, get some JH 5 pro

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,205 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So this is my 2nd day with my Triple's and the left one cuts in and out. What is going on here. I would hate to send them to fisher and get customs, then only to find out 1 week down the road I have a bad driver once it goes out.

What should I do?
#1 send back, get new pair, then remold
#2 send back, get some JH 5 pro

If #2, you might be stuck with a lemon.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #1,207 of 1,260
Anvil;6259214 said:
...when I was trying to put them back into their(imo a little too small) case...register the Triple Fis to get the 1 year warranty?/QUOTE]
Yeah, what is up w/ that? I can use it to set them in on a coffee table, but they stick out of the top. No way am I fitting a cord in there, haha. IMO, it needs to be nearly 2x larger. While we're talking about cases here, does anyone have any good replacements they've used?

Not sure about the warranty though.

Dec 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #1,209 of 1,260
Anvil;6259214 said:
...when I was trying to put them back into their(imo a little too small) case...register the Triple Fis to get the 1 year warranty?/QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, what is up w/ that? I can use it to set them in on a coffee table, but they stick out of the top. No way am I fitting a cord in there, haha. IMO, it needs to be nearly 2x larger.

You guys are finding the carrying case too small to fit the earphones? It has plenty of room for me. Check out the "Ultimate Ears Triple fi 10 PRO - boxing in metal case" video on Youtube if you want a demonstration on the easiest and most efficient way to wind them up. I happened to find that in the 2+ weeks I was waiting for my TF10s and was watching every video I could about them.

Speaking of which, I found it interesting that some of the professional musician/engineer testimonials claimed that UE customs "blow away" all other customs, including Westone. I wonder how much of that is just because UE pioneered the customs market, and therefore not many musicians have really given other customs a chance.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #1,212 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmalaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess we won't know until he tells us.. but, "erring" means the intended action is likely a mistake.

It probably is a mistake when I already own 2 sets of customs. The value is awesome though, and I recently found myself without customs because I sent my T1s back to get the jack changed, and my son stomped on my Freqs. I travel a lot and the 2 weeks without them reminded me how important my little barrier against the world was. I'd go mad without them now.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #1,213 of 1,260
I'm having comfort issues with my TF10s, and the Fisher customs option is appealing but there have been too many tales of refits being needed which would be very costly for me, living in Ireland. Heck, they probably don't even do international orders.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #1,214 of 1,260
Jodiuh;6260302 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, what is up w/ that? I can use it to set them in on a coffee table, but they stick out of the top. No way am I fitting a cord in there, haha. IMO, it needs to be nearly 2x larger. While we're talking about cases here, does anyone have any good replacements they've used?

Not sure about the warranty though.

I read the card, and wrap them around 3 fingers into a nice little ball that fits in the case with room to spare
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #1,215 of 1,260
Update, I just printed a shipping label and will be sending the TFi's back for a full return. Since I was gonna get them re-shelled due to my small ear canals, I have decided to go the JH 5 route. I do not like the fact that these where $400 phones (even though I got the $99 deal) and the left one went out after 3 hours of listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back