Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 23, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #1,171 of 1,260
I got my set yesterday; totally surprised me since Amazon kept saying it wasn't going to arrive until January. Guess some day I'm going to have to bust them out of its box to see what the fuss is all about, although I'm quite happy dinking around with my new Custom 2 set right now.

Dec 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #1,172 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr. UPS delivered these yesterday and I've got about 2 hours on them. Impressions...

-Wow, bass in an IEM.
biggrin.gif
(I'm coming from Ety ER6i's and the RE0's)
-Wow, soundstage in an IEM.
biggrin.gif
(I'm coming from Ety ER6i's and the RE0's)
-Instead of mashing all the sounds and instruments together like the RE0's, the Triple.Fi's 3 distinct drivers put all a wonderful presentation that sounds a lot more believable.
-Fit, believe it or not, the Triple.Fi's fit well enough in my ears. For the life of me, I could never get the RE0 to sit in my ear for longer than 15 minutes wo/ causing much pain. Something about the big metal bud just pushing my lobes all over the place. The plastic and tilt of the Triple.Fi doesn't seem to rough up my ears so much.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed w/ these "fun" headphones. I did more foot tapping and nodding off to music in those 2 hours than w/ any of my time spent w/ the ER6i's or RE0's. Any critic of these monitors can just take a back seat, cause they sound fantastic to me. I have full intention of ignoring this site for as along as possible. (well, except for the portable source forum because MP3's unfortunately, are no longer going to cut it)

I just got mine today and I feel the opposite way about the TF10s. Compared to the RE0s, I feel like they almost sound muddy, instrument separation isn't there, and fit is pretty bad, even with the flip mod.

They haven't been burned in yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

(I have a decent amp for the RE0s)

Dec 23, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #1,173 of 1,260
The RE0's had more sparkle (burned in) vs the TF10's (not burned in) and IIRC, the vocals were smoother. I really wanted to like them, but the lack of low end and any real soundstage kept letting me down. Considering they cost the same, there's just no contest to my ears.

Although I'm still surprised @ the fit and I didn't even do the flip mod. They definitely make their presence known, but there's no pain. After my experience w/ the RE0, I had been afraid my ears wouldn't tolerate anything bigger than an ER6i.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #1,174 of 1,260
sigh. I guess I missed the deal..

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #1,175 of 1,260
Received my shipment from Logitech today, even though I was expecting the pair I purchased from Amazon would arrive first.

I can see why people may think these look like hearing aids as they are quite large. The installed tips seem to fit and seal in my ears fairly well and I can wear them hanging down without them falling out. They also feel really fragile, and I can't imagine treating them like how I treat my cheapo Sony IEM's for portable will be good (I coil them up and shove them in the pocket where mhy iphone 3gs is).

Using them with the 1/4" adaptor for my computer set up to see how they sound. Mids seem to be a little muddy and recessed for me but bass is tight and punchy like I like it. I'll just keep using them tonight for music and see how I end up liking them.

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #1,176 of 1,260
I just have a question, why does the memory part of the IEM cable stick out in front of the ear rather than tuck itself behind it like it seems that most IEMs do? Sorry if this is a silly question because this is my first IEM, but this seems ass-backwards to me.

And yes, I'm sure I'm not mixing them up by putting the right earphone in my left ear and the like.
wink.gif
Overall, I seem to be having fit issues, like the tendency for them to fall out of my ears even with the large tips being used for example.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #1,177 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just have a question, why does the memory part of the IEM cable stick out in front of the ear rather than tuck itself behind it like it seems that most IEMs do?

It doesn't stick out for me. Are you sure you're putting them in right? The cable should be pointing up, not down, giving you the possibility of wrapping them around the ear.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #1,178 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just have a question, why does the memory part of the IEM cable stick out in front of the ear rather than tuck itself behind it like it seems that most IEMs do? Sorry if this is a silly question because this is my first IEM, but this seems ass-backwards to me.

And yes, I'm sure I'm not mixing them up by putting the right earphone in my left ear and the like.
wink.gif
Overall, I seem to be having fit issues, like the tendency for them to fall out of my ears even with the large tips being used for example.

Can you post a pic? From this it does sound like the cable is pointing down.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #1,179 of 1,260
Wire goes right up and over the top on my ear...

IMG_3398.jpg

If I understand your post right, you have the wire pointed backwards about 30-45 degrees or so from my picture? Can you rotate them so that the cable goes up over the top?

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #1,180 of 1,260
Yeah, I hated the fit of the TF10s. Hated it. I was never able to get a good seal. I only know it sounded good from the times I literally held the IEM in my canal. As soon as I'd let go and smile or chew or something, the seal would be gone.

That's why they're halfway to Florida right now for a custom fit.

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #1,185 of 1,260
Recieved mine yesterday from Amazon!! The bass is punchy and the soundstage is not so bad, but I've been listening to JH13's for the last 4 months so I might be a little spoiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back