Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 22, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #1,157 of 1,260
So it seems the TF10's are getting flipped in the Amazon Marketplace for around $140 now... a lot less than around here with people asking for $160+.

Seems to me that its also safer to buy through the marketplace than off someone you've never met whose posting on a forum.

Dec 22, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #1,160 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by SwaFa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They were for $99, some buyers also took advantage of the mail in rebate available then. That brings down the price to $50.

The mail in rebate does not overlap with the $100 price as far as I can see... ?

The $99 deal was on December 4, and the mail in rebate December 5-8.

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #1,161 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAsunder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mail in rebate does not overlap with the $100 price as far as I can see... ?

The $99 deal was on December 4, and the mail in rebate December 5-8.

Some folks's orders were delayed to the point where their headphones still hadn't shipped by the 5-8th, so they called to amazon customer service and asked if they could be refunded the rebate amount since their order hadn't shipped. Since some amazon cs reps are rather nice, they got it.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #1,163 of 1,260
Just got mine in the mail today. They sound amazing compared to my ER-6i. I now have mids & lows. They need to go deep in ear but my ears are too small for the complys & others they put in the box. I stretched some baby blue etymotic tips on them and was able to achieve a great seal while I was laying down. They sound very good. Now back in the box and call around for ear mold prices. Re-shelled is a 100% must for me since there is no way these would fit without customs.

PS. I can only wear the small shure black olives for 20 min and my ears start throbbing, that is how small my ears are.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #1,164 of 1,260
Just got mine via ontrac as well, the guy actually rang the doorbell and waited (which surprised me).

The vi's fit brilliantly with the comply tips and the flip flop mod, almost flush with my ear. Have yet to try them out, iPhone's still syncing
smily_headphones1.gif

The vi packaging is black and almost apple-like, completely different from the regular pro packaging I've seen on this thread..

EDIT: Initial impressions?

Oh my. The bass on these is bang on right, coming from im716s (let's set it straight, I love the ety house sound, I was planning on upgrading to the er4 before this sale) the boom just sets your feet tapping. Much tighter controlled bass than the marshmallows, it's just wonderful.

And the soundstage, it's gorgeous. It's almost as if someone took the wide airy soundstage that the KSC75s have and stuffed them into an IEM. This more than anything else is the what wowed me out of the box.

The highs aren't as sparkly as my im716 and the mids not as revealed (there is a slight veil to them, I must admit), but I it's not as big a downside as some people might lead you to believe. The mids are there, and in force but only ever so slightly recessed. The highs too, though they pale slightly in comparison to the ety sound (and I'm not surprised—I've yet to hear an IEM with their treble clarity) they're still very nice and bright.

The most important thing for me I guess is how much more involving the UE sound seems to be than the ety sound. This is only on initial listen but they may have a convert on their hands
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh and as for fit, out-of-the-box the fit was terrible. The 'phones stuck out like antennae and I could barely get the memory wire curled around my ears. However, a quick flip of the wires and a change to Comply tips and they're nice and flush against my ear. These are my first memory wire IEMs and the lack of microphonics is impressive. Plus, the cable is nice and doesn't seem like it'll tangle easily (I have vi's), somewhat like the stock iPhone buds. The remote is extremely handy, glad I got these over the pro.

All in all, I'm glad I jumped on this deal
smily_headphones1.gif
The TF10's are looking to be one of the best head-fi related investments I've done
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #1,165 of 1,260
Been busy and Fed-ex was kinda sneaky with this shipment, but I just wanna say that I got them yesterday.
smily_headphones1.gif
They were hiding out in the front door and there was a family member sneaking nearby so I went out at 3am in the morning and retrieved my TF10s along with some clothing some other members ordered. Haven't opened them yet, but will soon.
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #1,166 of 1,260
Man these are efficient. I don't have to crank my iPhone upto 75% anymore, it sometimes gets too loud at 25%!

And the Fiio E5 makes everything a little smoother but it's not worth the bulk. These are driven fine by the iPhone alone.

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #1,167 of 1,260
I didn't jump on the deal till later in the day so the shipping date keep being pushed back. Amazon even sent me an email like "Do you still want to keep this order?" and of course I was like YES!!

One of my friends bought 2 and shipped early so he graciously let me have one of his until my package came in.

But my package finally shipped out this week so I should have it before Christmas.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #1,168 of 1,260
Got mine in today. Steal of the year, that's all I can say. I already have the 5 pro's, so I knew what tips I needed and how to fit them, but they really are something special. I just couldn't see myself spending $1100 on some custom UE11's, so this will have to be the upper level of my IEM's, and you know what; based on the laws of diminishing returns, I've got no reason to want with the sound coming out of these triple-fi's. They really are a marked improvement over the superfi 5 pro's; it's just everything about them mid, highs, and lows are a a few levels of upgrade over the sound quality of the 5 pro's. Waited close to three weeks to get them. Well worth it.

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #1,169 of 1,260
Mr. UPS delivered these yesterday and I've got about 2 hours on them. Impressions...

-Wow, bass in an IEM.
biggrin.gif
(I'm coming from Ety ER6i's and the RE0's)
-Wow, soundstage in an IEM.
biggrin.gif
(I'm coming from Ety ER6i's and the RE0's)
-Instead of mashing all the sounds and instruments together like the RE0's, the Triple.Fi's 3 distinct drivers put all a wonderful presentation that sounds a lot more believable.
-Fit, believe it or not, the Triple.Fi's fit well enough in my ears. For the life of me, I could never get the RE0 to sit in my ear for longer than 15 minutes wo/ causing much pain. Something about the big metal bud just pushing my lobes all over the place. The plastic and tilt of the Triple.Fi doesn't seem to rough up my ears so much.

Overall, I'm extremely impressed w/ these "fun" headphones. I did more foot tapping and nodding off to music in those 2 hours than w/ any of my time spent w/ the ER6i's or RE0's. Any critic of these monitors can just take a back seat, cause they sound fantastic to me. I have full intention of ignoring this site for as along as possible. (well, except for the portable source forum because MP3's unfortunately, are no longer going to cut it)

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #1,170 of 1,260
My Amazon order came yesterday, these are indeed top notch, I am done looking, thinking about anything else, the medium silicone tips even fit me well, so do the complys but I'm going to use the silicone ones.

Listening to Miles, Herbie Hancock, Lee Ritenour etc, sounds like you're in the middle of a recording studio, they're that good, soundstage, highs, mids, lows, its all there.

These are all I'm using with an ipod classic and yes the volume is is good at between 35% - 50%.

I was going to sell a few on ebay but the market looks over saturated at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back