Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 11, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #901 of 1,260
I don't feel sorry for anyone, especially not for you. Consider the fact that 200 dollar netbooks come around a lot more than 400 dollar earphones for 99. It's okay if you want to make a quick buck, but please stop acting like you are doing some kind of favor for people, it's BS.

I think I'm going to stop this back and forth and start talking about the earphones themselves (or canalphones?).

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #902 of 1,260
I would argue that the very reason why retailers are forbidden from buying from other retailers and reselling the products is that it distorts the market. The second store can just buy a huge amount of stock from the first store and artificially decrease the supply. Nobody is going to go after you for selling five pairs of new headphones on ebay that you just bought from another store, but it is /technically/ illegal.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #904 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure it's illegal. But I suppose it's like buying a six pack of Coke and it saying "Not for individual resale", although there's nothing stopping people.

Not really a good example. The "Not for individual resale" isn't a prohibition on resale but rather a notice the product inside isn't marked with a UPC for resale.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #905 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really a good example. The "Not for individual resale" isn't a prohibition on resale but rather a notice the product inside isn't marked with a UPC for resale.

Aha. I always wondere what the point of that was.

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #906 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops, my bad....
redface.gif
Shows what I know....

It's definitely advisable to get the genuine article with Sony tips, I've heard the difference Sony tips can make too many times. Guess there's fakes of pretty much everything in the electronics world.

na id say those fake sony tips are just as good as the real thing. tips are the one thing companys can fake all they like as far as i am concerned. these are just cheap and great at the same time

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #907 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't feel sorry for anyone, especially not for you. Consider the fact that 200 dollar netbooks come around a lot more than 400 dollar earphones for 99. It's okay if you want to make a quick buck, but please stop acting like you are doing some kind of favor for people, it's BS.

I think I'm going to stop this back and forth and start talking about the earphones themselves (or canalphones?).

you are telling me a 15.6" (HP G60-507DX) laptop is a $200 netbook?

and when did I say I'm doing anybody a favor? go back and read my posts, quote me saying that and I'll ban myself from head-fi.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #908 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would argue that the very reason why retailers are forbidden from buying from other retailers and reselling the products is that it distorts the market. The second store can just buy a huge amount of stock from the first store and artificially decrease the supply. Nobody is going to go after you for selling five pairs of new headphones on ebay that you just bought from another store, but it is /technically/ illegal.

nobody is forbidden. it just doesn't make economic sense. unless that store is selling for a low enough price for the second store to pull a profit.

and "cornering" the market doesn't work on things that can be produced/manufactured.

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #909 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by fyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and when did I say I'm doing anybody a favor? go back and read my posts, quote me saying that and I'll ban myself from head-fi.

I wasn't referring to you when I said that.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #910 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnybobiche /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody is going to go after you for selling five pairs of new headphones on ebay that you just bought from another store, but it is /technically/ illegal.

What law(s), specifically, would one be violating?

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #911 of 1,260
Bird law, my friend... its simply not a legal tender.

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #914 of 1,260
How could he have gotten 280 pairs?
Wasn't it limited to 3 pairs per account? That's 94 amazon accounts
And to ship that many over to Hong Kong, they'd almost definitely be taxed. You can hide 2-3 pairs but not a giant box with 280 pairs. Unless you split and send them in 60 different packages, each that cost almost $40 to ship

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #915 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiljim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How could he have gotten 280 pairs?
Wasn't it limited to 3 pairs per account? That's 94 amazon accounts
And to ship that many over to Hong Kong, they'd almost definitely be taxed. You can hide 2-3 pairs but not a giant box with 280 pairs. Unless you split and send them in 60 different packages, each that cost almost $40 to ship

Yea, good logic, the news is quite fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back