Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #706 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if you can receive $10 back for each pair of TF10s in your order?

"Limit one subscription per customer."

So most likely no.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #707 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just put them into my ears.

Yeah, they are a bit bulky. I had to put in the smallest tips in order for them to sit comfortably in my ears. They are not as comfortable as the PFEs. I could never fall asleep with these on.

But they require less power to drive than the PFEs. Meaning, they are much louder and my mp3 player had to be turned down.

Isolation is good but sound leakage is not as my colleague can hear them as compared to if I am wearing my PFEs with Shure Olives.

Sound wise, the bass is definitely there compared to the PFEs. More of if and more extended. But on the high end, it is good, but not quite as sparkly. About 90% as nice on the high end. Whereas the bass is about 130% better than the PFEs in my estimate. I can't say much on the mids yet. My first impression on the soundstage is that they are slightly wider than the PFEs but that might be false. I will have to go back and compare more carefully with them.

Stay tuned.

Whaattt? I thought for sure they would be a step up from the one-driver PFE. Should I have just made my PFEs custom? Bass is a good thing though, and was my only complain about the PFE.

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #708 of 1,260
My Triple.Fi 10vi from Amazon arrived today.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #709 of 1,260
The vi iPhone cable is pretty thin, much like the original cable of the original Super.Fi series, vs. the thicker shinier one they came out with later.

So it seems pretty fragile. But I tried it out with my Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2's 3.5mm jack. The out going microphone quality is excellent. I tested it out with my wife, and she said it was much clearer sounding and louder than my Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset.

I don't really listen to music with my Touch Pro 2 at all, which is a good thing, because the headphone output is total crap. HTC needs to learn a thing or two about sound quality from Apple when it comes to phones.

-Ed

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #711 of 1,260
Just got an email saying my delivery estimate (ordered Friday Dec. 4th) changed from Dec. 9th to Dec. 17th! Boo hiss Amazon!

I also managed to snag a second pair at the $149.99 - $50 rebate price on Monday morning (Dec. 7th) using the page reload plugin for Firefox...it just popped up on one of the reloads and I hit the 1-click!
tongue_smile.gif
Delivery estimate for that order is Dec. 23rd. Might give these to my Dad for his Christmas gift.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #713 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like it's still up. I'm REALLY tempted to get one...

They have to be sold through Amazon, LLC in order to qualify for the UE $50 mail-in rebate. The $149 you see on your link is from a 3rd party reseller. Try this link:

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones: Electronics

Keep refreshing and one might pop up.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #718 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those "3rd Party" sellers are nothing more than Joe Public people that bought the $99 from Amazon flipping them right back on Amazon.
rolleyes.gif

Great majority of them are for sure...that's pretty brazen to do that.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #720 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's so brazen about it? Capitalism, nothing more.

Yeah I guess it's technically capitalism but it really seems more like a**holeism. I think it's fine if you are going to buy 1 pair and then sell it for a profit. But to buy multiple pairs just to sell them for a quick buck is being a jerk to the people who wanted them at 100 dollars. It's like when a new console comes out and then some guy buys four consoles and sells them on eBay because there's a shortage. However there's a shortage because of people like him who bought four consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back