Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Jan 1, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #481 of 733
Whoa. I feel seriously ripped off. Why does the cable cost so much in Korea? I payed around 79000won, or about 75usd for it. What? It costs $30 in US. Can somebody explain to me why the price difference is greater than 200%? I can get paying extra $20 or so, but this is just a rip off! And that price is from the official UE distributer, Sound Cat. I visited their hq to buy the cable.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #482 of 733
...yeah, if I could do it and still afford rent, I'd gladly join you. Congrants on the upgrade though.

Apologies. It's often a matter of timing. The last few years, It wouldn't even have been close to possible for me, so I stayed away from here haha. That's the other method, assume we're all crazy and stay away.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #484 of 733
But what to do when I'm bored...

Troll the discovery thread and the upcoming VSonic IEM threads?

Seriously, the UERM (and this thread) was not even on my radar, at all, until I heard the demo. I had been picturing myself fitted for a Miracle or maybe an ES5 if any custom at all. I did stay away from those threads which somehow worked for me, kind of like "who cares, not in the budget." I did not think the UERM would be for me. Then I popped them in (this won't help you I reckon) and within 20 seconds this stupid grin appeared on my face, and then this was me for the next week or so:

George-Costanza-Prancing-Through-Park.gif

I thoroughly and entirely blame James for this. Eke too.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #485 of 733
Troll the discovery thread and the upcoming VSonic IEM threads?

Seriously, the UERM (and this thread) was not even on my radar, at all, until I heard the demo. I had been picturing myself fitted for a Miracle or maybe an ES5 if any custom at all. I did stay away from those threads which somehow worked for me, kind of like "who cares, not in the budget." I did not think the UERM would be for me. Then I popped them in (this won't help you I reckon) and within 20 seconds this stupid grin appeared only face, and then this was me for the next week or so:

George-Costanza-Prancing-Through-Park.gif

I thoroughly and entirely blame James for this. Eke too.

Haha I was kind of like that when I first heard them at the NY meet. I just sat down at the UE table for an hour listening to them. They sounded amazing even though I was using a sansa fuze -> fiio e17 at that time.

Jan 2, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #486 of 733
Yep! My same reaction from hearing them right out of my Nexus 4. Don't know what kind of weird voodoo they put in the UERM but I friggen like it. Tried the UE11 right after and was totally turned off; the UERM just sounds *right*.

Some day...
Haha I was kind of like that when I first heard them at the NY meet. I just sat down at the UE table for an hour listening to them. They sounded amazing even though I was using a sansa fuze -> fiio e17 at that time.

Jan 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #487 of 733
Yep! My same reaction from hearing them right out of my Nexus 4. Don't know what kind of weird voodoo they put in the UERM but I friggen like it. Tried the UE11 right after and was totally turned off; the UERM just sounds *right*.

Some day...

I feel the same way. I think I had my HTC One phone then and when I heard them I was thinking "crap..I have to buy them now". Although the connector is probably better I'm probably going to get them reshelled soon. They don't fit as good as when I first got them, I would like to get some more creative colors on my UERM and the typical flush connector gives me more options in cables. I'll just wait until I get my JH13 and V6 Stage back however. 

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #488 of 733

Just received my UERM and I can say I love it. Although my country do not have an official distributor, so no demo available. Took the leap of faith and boy it was good. Many thanks to @CEETEE for guiding me in selection and amp pairing to bring UERM to its potential.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #492 of 733
Well guys, that's it. Now I wait :D

Heard the demo again for a few minutes after getting my impressions done and it was like coming home. I can't wait.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #493 of 733
My impressions arrived at UE labs today. 
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #494 of 733
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #495 of 733
Just received my UERM and I can say I love it. Although my country do not have an official distributor, so no demo available. Took the leap of faith and boy it was good. Many thanks to @CEETEE for guiding me in selection and amp pairing to bring UERM to its potential.

Well guys, that's it. Now I wait
biggrin.gif

Heard the demo again for a few minutes after getting my impressions done and it was like coming home. I can't wait.

Nice! The UERM is a very nice sounding custom. My V6 Stage and JH13 have been in and out due to refits (annoying thing those refits are) and been using the UERM the last few weeks. It almost makes me wonder why I bought those other two customs :p Mine doesn't fit as well anymore (or it could have been it never did fit all that well) but I think I'll get a refit done sometime soon and in the meantime I can change to a flush connector and change the colors :) I have the default version with the clear shells and black faceplate with the UE and Capitol Studios logo on them.

Also I got the Concero HP today and tried the pairing and they sound very good. Any other small desktop dac/amp that would be a good pairing with the UERM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back