Ultimate Ears flip-flop mod (please help)
Dec 13, 2007 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

seals

100+ Head-Fier
I searched for (and found) the thread on the ultimate ears flip-flop mod. The only problem is that the first post is so old that the picture isn't there any more. Could someone please explain to me how to do it and post a picture? Thanks

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 74
Basically, unplug the connectors from the earpieces, and put them on the earpiece on other side. There's a (tiny) notch on the plug and the body that denotes the correct way to plug them in, so that they're in phase. You'll need to bend the memory wire in the opposite direction, to fit around your ear, and yer done.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 74
Personally, I do not recommend the FS mod, since I think that it messes up the sound quality of the Super.fis.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #6 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by seals /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks everyone and a special thanks for the picture. Are there any downsides to doing this mod?

you're welcome!

The downside to me
1. if you mess up the pin connection, it'll sound weird.
2. UE logo is no longer visible when wearing.
3. to some ppl. this mod doesn't work well at all.

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #7 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally, I do not recommend the FS mod, since I think that it messes up the sound quality of the Super.fis.

How so?

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 74
When you flip the sides each driver will be angled differently into your ear than it was originally. Personally, I didn't notice much of a change (for better or worse), but on paper it will affect the sound you hear.

But I wouldn't necessarily listen to anyone that says they like it better or hate it. Give it a shot and if YOU like it better, then keep it that way. If you don't like it for some reason, you can switch it back in a couple seconds anyway.

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #12 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're welcome!

The downside to me
1. if you mess up the pin connection, it'll sound weird.
2. UE logo is no longer visible when wearing.
3. to some ppl. this mod doesn't work well at all.

In regards to number 1: does that do any damage? Or does it just sound weird until you connect it the right way

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #14 of 74
I still don't understand. Sorry, not a native english speaker.
I put the right driver on the left wire, and vice-versa. L and R on the wires are looking inwards. Is it correct?

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #15 of 74
I tried this mod when I had the Triple Fi's, didn't care for it personally.
Unless I'm understanding it wrong, it reverses the channels, so the soundstage is completely different, and not in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back