Ultimate Ears 700, thoughts?
Oct 27, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 10
I have some... I like em. I had some Super Fi 5 Pros that broke and these are the ones they sent me. These are really the same thing, only in a smaller, cheaper package. I say go for it. I like mine quite a bit, and I have used them for IEM's also... I'm not as atuned as some are to the differences in other phones, but these do it for me. < $100 is a great deal.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 10
I had these before at the same time as my TF10s.  I really liked the treble sparkle, the mids sounded good, bass was tight, but way less than TF10.  I think the 700 was slightly better at imaging.  It is a great phone all in all.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 10
My friend found some distortion issues with his.
If you can wait the extra month + deal with fit issues, the TF10 may go on sale for US$100 again at Black Friday.

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 10
The sound is detailed, sounds good with a good seal. Soundstage is more tall than wide, but expansive nonetheless. Amping improves performance and brings them in to their best. Personally i like the treble on them, but like what -y0- said they might be too bright for some (though not for me).

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 10
Nicely detailed for the money, with a relatively balanced sound leaning slightly to the treble end of the spectrum. Using the Comply tips helps tame the highs though. Very comfortable and lightweight for extended listening times. At $100 they are worth a try if you are looking for balanced sound and comfort.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Nicely detailed for the money, with a relatively balanced sound leaning slightly to the treble end of the spectrum. Using the Comply tips helps tame the highs though. Very comfortable and lightweight for extended listening times. At $100 they are worth a try if you are looking for balanced sound and comfort.

Couldn't agree more!

Oct 28, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 10
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #10 of 10
The cables might be an issue though: mine's stuck at service. They aren't as durable as Shures but I think extreme care would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back