Ultimate Ears 600 vs Meelctronics a161-Sound Opinions/Differences?
Nov 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

OliverBB

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone compare how these 2 sound?  I have Klipsch Imamge S4 which I like but I was looking for something in contrast that has more clarity and detail and not so bass heavy. I have been looking at single armature models because of their function and price. It looks like on Amazon the Meelectronics a161 is around $100 and the UE 600 is @ $80.  I've looked at the Ety H5 but that tip/nozzle style for me is be extremely uncomfortable due to the size and depth of my ear canals.

Thanks!

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 6
I think A161p could be best bet. They are like pillows in my ear, comfortable than any other IEMs Ive wore and isolates a lot. With over the ear fit, they stay fit for hours with good selection of tips. Accessories are top notch for that price. SQ is basically midcentric with mids and vocals being its strength. Treble is great too with good detailing and sparkle. Bass is not like thumping in quantity, but has good quality in it. They probably are the best all-round packages Ive seen in around 100$ price. And A161p has a mic+single button controls too which is designed very good..
There is a Rockit R-50 Dual Balanced Armature for 120$ which does a bit better overall in bass area with others somewhat close to a161p, instrument seperation is better on R-50. But, fit and comfort could not be as much comfortable as a161p, accessories are limited.

Havent heard the UE 600, you can refer ClieOS comparision thread and compare them to your SQ needs.

Either way, any one of these 3 would blow away your S4 in SQ...S4 is just too overrated (not in head-fi but in sites like cnet etc) and is complete crap imo

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
I think A161p could be best bet. They are like pillows in my ear, comfortable than any other IEMs Ive wore and isolates a lot. With over the ear fit, they stay fit for hours with good selection of tips. Accessories are top notch for that price. SQ is basically midcentric with mids and vocals being its strength. Treble is great too with good detailing and sparkle. Bass is not like thumping in quantity, but has good quality in it. They probably are the best all-round packages Ive seen in around 100$ price. And A161p has a mic+single button controls too which is designed very good..
There is a Rockit R-50 Dual Balanced Armature for 120$ which does a bit better overall in bass area with others somewhat close to a161p, instrument seperation is better on R-50. But, fit and comfort could not be as much comfortable as a161p, accessories are limited.

Havent heard the UE 600, you can refer ClieOS comparision thread and compare them to your SQ needs.

Either way, any one of these 3 would blow away your S4 in SQ...S4 is just too overrated (not in head-fi but in sites like cnet etc) and is complete crap imo

+1 to what hitme987 says about A161P. Lately I have been enjoying A161 more with amping. Direct from Ipod Touch 3rd gen A161 sounds a bit dull for me. I had mixed feeling about it for a while. Amping with CmoyBB helps, better soundstage and dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back