ultimate ears 350 review , compairison with denon ah-c260 and sony xb21ex
Dec 10, 2011 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

suman134

Headphoneus Supremus
this is the new , ultimate ears 350 , may be the first piece in my city .
ultimate ears have given us the past impressions of being badly priced and a dark sound with some harsh audio , my mfi220 was like that and my friends mfi 170 is not hugely forgiving too . but the new batch of earphones are different , maybe the logitech effect this is . the good thing is that they are not priced heavily now . so thats the history . now we want improvements .

visible goods ;- now the design has changed , perhaps that was to come any way , the bad was the metrofis were haveing high time getting fitted , but these are good .
these guys come with 5 pairs of eartips of which the 4 pairs fits my ears , and two gives good isolation . and it comes with a 3.5 mm protector cap too .
now it has a good wire rubberized , low microphonics for sure , cable slider , and the stress reliever at the earphones starting point is good too .

visible bads :- the 3.5 mm connector looks cheap , though strong it dont build any confidence . the carry case is miserably small . just of 4 cm / 5 cm .

the package .

the earphone with important terminals .

xb21ex , nice but a bit big .

small and cheap looks .

s3 says hiii . she 9800 dont want to come .

the three friends ( so called bass monsters ) .

inside package . ( 5 different , and 6 pairs of tips , 2 m tips )

audio quality :- okay lets compare it with two sets of earphones , the denon ah-c260 , and xb21ex who are priced similarly .

the lows :- okay this is the most interesting part of this earphone , its said to be bottom heavy , it is but in a different way , in the c260 the low is huge , muddy , and over powering some mids , same goes for xb21 too but the impact of xb is not as big as denons , and you can hear the bass and feel the base in the 260 , but in xb you just hear the bass more .
         whats different in the ue350 ? it has bass , but the impact is not huge , its small .you can fell it and hear it but the hearing is pleasant , not dry like the xb21ex , and these are the most forgiving bass earphones , i can bet , bass would be a wrong description , for it , its more of a balanced  but slightly bass tuned , its the piece of earphone that can be inside you ears for days but you wont feel them hurting at all . the xb21ex is with mid bass hump , it dont do that good when compared to ue 350 that dont have that mid bass hump .the denon has both of sony and ue . the low and mid bass hump too .

the mids :- its not bad at all , but the she 9800 dose better , i can say the ue are better then the denons and sonys in this range of sound , it the biggest area of the sound from this earphones .

highs :- its good but a bit blunt , dont hurt even at high volumes , its there i can say but i have never hears highs of better earphones then the se215 , this ue is nearly 80% of them if not more . better then the denon and the sony , sony is worst in this area .

the definition seems a bit low in it , blunt is the way if not recessed . now the area of sound , bass is 3.5 , mid is 4.5 , high is 2 .
the bass loses in the ares of impact , it goes down the spectrum but dont hit like the c260 or meelec m9 .

now should you buy it ?
you can , you should cuz these are good , better then many in this price , better then any skullcandy , sennheiser , in this price range 0f $40-50 . if you love bass get the cx200 , c260 or the meelec m9 . its like between the sound magic pl50 and the cx200 , best of all sides . not comparable to any xears sound at all , these are awesome even at this price , the catch is that you need a discount coupon to catch them under $50 .

good value for money , good in all ways but not best in any thing . this is how these ue 350 are placed in the sound department .

i hope it helps you in comparing the earphones . this is the review of ultimate ears 350 from logitech .

have a nice time you all .

edit :- this is it , after some big burnin time of some 80hrs i really dont see any big change in the sound that i had at 30 hrs , the sound is settling down and the bass feels increased , but not significantly , its sound stage has got better but not as big as the she 9800 , mid is same and highs have less spark as before . its good , i will edit again after a week , lets see if there is any dynamic changes left in it .

now its done i think . the bass has come a bit up , on par with cx 200 , but still lacks impact . mid and sound stage are same , sound stage didnt changed much since 30 hrs . highs were not the best and they dont get sharp any way .

i love this . after some 50hrs in 3 days i was giving rest to the eu350 and was listening to my she 9620 , i found that a bit too microphonic , and a bit annoying under helmet . bass is big here , at least impact .

thanks for the read . hope i helped .

cheers .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back