Ultimate Ears 11
Jun 2, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #31 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry I've been quiet about this the last few days, guys, but I've been busy at work. I'm still not going to say much here right now, but not in the interest of being mysterious or evasive, but only because it's 0547, and I haven't slept yet.

First of all, I'm sorry if I caused some confusion about the UE-11 I have. Previously (in another thread) I said the following:

And then I said this:

Regarding the my first quote: The UE-11 is a true three-way design. That means two distinct crossover points, as opposed to just one. Though the UE-10 Pro has three drivers, two of the drivers in the are the same--so the UE-10 Pro driver complement is two low, and a single high, with a single crossover point.

Regarding my second quote: Sorry for the confusion, but the UE-11 I have is a four-driver design. Though looking into the UE-11, one sees what looks like three driver boxes, one of those boxes is a dual armature piece fused together in one housing unit. I believe that one is the low driver. Then I believe the next driver up is a low/mid driver. Then the third box (containing the fourth driver) is the high.

I've been told that what I'm hearing is what the UE-11 will sound like in production--and I'll say more about its sound later.

Right now, I have to sleep.

Thanks for the clarification and stopping by to let us know the truth of the UE-11. We are all very anxious to see and hear this baby in action... at least I know I am.

Jun 2, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #32 of 93
Wow! I did not see this coming...
Might end up buying a pair of these. Hmmm

Jun 2, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #33 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeeze, since when did some of you folks get your engineering degrees?

I get mine in 2 weeks as it happens
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #34 of 93
please keep waiting for a little bit...I think UE will release 'pro' version within 3 months after launched the11s.

^ ^ It's only my imagination, do not be serious.

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #38 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to win a pair.

If you win a pair I will personally hunt you down and steal all your headphones. That would be the straw that broke the donkeys back.

No more for The Monkey I say!

wink.gif

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #40 of 93
Actually, I think the razor analogy need not be what was intended. The 3 and 4 blade razors are materially superior, at least to my face. I must confess that I find that multi-driver IEMs superior as well, so the analogy seems apt to me.

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #41 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, but balance and integration are exactly what is at stake and hence why many feel the single driver speakers have more life and coherence despite well executed multi-driver speakers.

These IEMs may turn out to be the best ever, but I hope we don't get the "more is better" mentality that Gillette is perpetuating.

Actually, in the case of Gilette I have to say more really is better
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #42 of 93
I'm quite happy with Schick's Quattro.. i get less cuts than the mach 3!

Are there any reviews anywhere for the UE-11 yet? I keep on checking several times a day for Jude's review.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone knows if it'll still be out this month?

Jun 6, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #45 of 93
I'll wait for there next generation UE12 speaker array with dual subwoofer IEMs.... can't wait
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back