Ultimate Ears’ Triple.fi 10 Pro: then and now?
May 2, 2010 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dkcan

New Head-Fier
I remember when Triple.fi 10 Pro was one of the favourable IEMs in the market. But after Logitech acquired them, I'm not sure if they still are. Did their sound/build quality or just product in general change at all?
I remember when lots of people recommended it but I don't see that happening anymore. Just curious as to why UE products in general aren't getting all the attention as it used to.

May 2, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Back then, there were only a few IEM companies that HF liked (or was available), shure, etymotic, and UE. Now there are many many more choices, many of them that have better value than UE.

May 2, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkcan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember when Triple.fi 10 Pro was one of the favourable IEMs in the market. But after Logitech acquired them, I'm not sure if they still are. Did their sound/build quality or just product in general change at all?
I remember when lots of people recommended it but I don't see that happening anymore. Just curious as to why UE products in general aren't getting all the attention as it used to.

A lot of problems that I'm seeing here are the bottom of the phone's pin housing for the removable cables coming out of the phone due to the force needed to pull the cables out. When I removed mine I had no problems.

There is a note of it somewhere around here but I'm not sure where it is, however I remember it saying that there wasn't some "drastic" change in sound quality, both models sounded pretty much the same.

You can get a pair for under 200 bucks now... for that price they are great phones
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of problems that I'm seeing here are the bottom of the phone's pin housing for the removable cables coming out of the phone due to the force needed to pull the cables out. When I removed mine I had no problems.

There is a note of it somewhere around here but I'm not sure where it is, however I remember it saying that there wasn't some "drastic" change in sound quality, both models sounded pretty much the same.

You can get a pair for under 200 bucks now... for that price they are great phones
smily_headphones1.gif

There is a suggestion made that the hardware was changed, but there has been absolutely no evidence of this what-so-ever. It's merely an unsubstantiated rumor and nothing more.

Ultimately, given the advancements in BA technology over the past few years, I think the TF10 (like it some its' contemporaries) is simply a bit old and no longer cost competitive with the "new blood". However, it still sounds as good as it ever did.

May 3, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a suggestion made that the hardware was changed, but there has been absolutely no evidence of this what-so-ever. It's merely an unsubstantiated rumor and nothing more.

what he said. topic discussed here, with post #6 probably the most substantive post regarding this matter, unless others come forth to contribute their direct A/B comparisons.

May 3, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 7
I think it's just the cable build that changed when comparing the pre-Logitech and post-Logitech TF10s, with the latter having the less stellar quality. As far as I can recall, the sound signature between the two are just the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back