Ultimate Ear 3 problem!?
Apr 17, 2008 at 2:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dakkar

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure what happened. I washed my IEM this morning UE with shure foam, creates lots of earwax. I usually just put a drop of dishsoap on my fingers, wet with lukewarm water and gently rub the foams, pointed downward so as not to have any water go inside. The IEM are at no time under the tap, just watever water is on my fingers. Anyway, now my left monitor plays only very faintly. Any suggestions?
confused.gif

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 8
I have to ask why you didn't pull the foamies off before washing them? I would never get any type of liquid, even if on my fingers, near my IEMs. If you used soap, how did you actually rinse your foamies without taking them off? I'd be worried about residual soap on the foamies.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 8
You should have take the foam off before washing. Anyway, If the water did manage to get in, You should put your IEM on a place with good air circulation, letting the nozzle pointing downward (but remain open), and let the water evaporate naturally. With some luck, maybe the inner BA transducer isn't damaged at all.

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 8
If it does die, than there will be one more excuse for you to treat your upgraditus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back