Ultimate dream portable rig?
Nov 19, 2001 at 11:55 PM Post #16 of 22
My current portable depends on what I'm doing.
Air-travel -- HD600's and Kenwood DPC661. Good enough to forget I'm on a plane uless it's Delta. Nothing can make you forget that.
Hotels -- HD600's, Total Airhead & HP N5270 laptop. I frequently forget I'm supposed to be doing reports and just listen to music.
Excercize, walking, biking etc. HD535 and Kenwood DPCX661.

Plan to upgrade pcdp soon. Will continue to peruse posts for suggestions.

Gaines
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 20, 2001 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 22
A couple pix of my "extreme travel" rig
wink.gif
I take this with me on lots of trips, even when it promises to be wet and/or dirty. And yes, I have fallen into water with it in my bag, and yes, the Otter box kept everything dry
wink.gif

As for music, I tend to carry one MD in the player and a couple extra MDs loose in my bag; those aren't protected, since it's no big deal if they get wet.

The box:

portablebox.jpg

The insides (MZ-E900 MD player and Ety ER4P in case):

portablerig.jpg

The E900 has amazing battery life -- I have yet to run the batteries down, even on a two-week vacation.

As I mentioned above, I also carry a pair of KSC-35 with me. Since they aren't as expensive as the other stuff, I keep them in a little Timbuk2 pouch that attaches to any strap:

strap_pouch_clip.gif

I actually had my Canon digital camera in that thing last week when I accidentally fell into a creek while hiking -- it was submerged in the water and the camera didn't even get wet! So I guess it's somewhat water-resistant
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2001 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 22
(cumbersom) dream:

micro zotl
dacman
d905

i would go with the d5 or whatever its called, but i need some sort of esp

realilistic:

ipod
er4p/s

p/s because I dunno how the ipods internal amp is... 30mwpc into _ohms?

or maybe the er6 depending on how they sound to save some cash and because they look so pimp

Nov 22, 2001 at 4:21 AM Post #19 of 22
We've had those Otter boxes below 100 feet in salt water and they do not leak! They also withstand being stepped on by a diver in full gear (although maybe not a cave diver).

As I've mentioned before, my dream portable system does not exist. I dream big, so it probably won't exist in my lifetime.

On the other hand, my ipod/ER4s combo is pretty damned portable, and sounds very nice. Amazing synergy between 2 amazing products. I only wish that I could take it under water...

btw, I'm baaack!

Nov 22, 2001 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 22
something looks funny about your question, but I am too dyslexic to be sure (plus I've been into the Laphroaig again).

The poid plus ER4S is a great combo. I would like to try the lower impedence cable (4P) to see what difference it makes, but I am happy with this set-up. I like the look of the new ER6. It is a good visual match for the poid, and I am certain that they will sound good together. I think that we should badger Apple into making the ER6 the official included phones with the poid and drop the earbuds. Of course Don would have to find white cables...

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back