Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #377 of 485
hey everyone...I'm looking for some 1/8" plugs for my AD700 recabling mod, and I was wondering if you recommend the Pailiccs TRS jacks?  I'm between those or the XLO HT's, but @ 6.95 per plug, the HT's are nuts, and the Pailiccs I can find (not from US but still the same plugs) for $2 shipped a piece...its from lunashops, I dont know if thats a good place to buy or not?
But I was wondering which you'd recommend.  Also, I need a TRRS male 1/8" as well, but I was looking for one that has at least a 6mm cable opening, to fit my Canare Starquad cables?

Thanks a bunch!

I used Pailiccs plugs and they are awesome, very easy to solder and the opening is wide so you can add heat tube shrink galore. I recommend them. I also bought a switchcraft and neutrik too but those will bust your wallet. :)

May 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #378 of 485
Quote:
no I think he's looking for this, you can find it at qables

Picture64.png

its custom made for qables, doesnt come with a barrel, but you can use a regular neutrik mini barrel or heatshrink. not cheap, but since its so rare and its bespoke to qables I guess thats what you get. qables minis are all a little on the pricey side though, but in europe they are expensive anywhere it seems.

Searching through the thread, end to front this time, but I was wondering if there's a female end to match this that anyone can direct me to?

May 31, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #380 of 485
Is there anything other than a Neutrik Right Angle that won't foul the top buttons on my Hifiman HM-801? I've just got one of these but it sits too flush

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-right-angle-rhodium-PLATED-3-5mm-STEREO-AUDIO-JACK-Plug-carbon-fiber-body-/230931907387?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item35c49d433b 

May 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #381 of 485
Quote:
Is there anything other than a Neutrik Right Angle that won't foul the top buttons on my Hifiman HM-801? I've just got one of these but it sits too flush

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-right-angle-rhodium-PLATED-3-5mm-STEREO-AUDIO-JACK-Plug-carbon-fiber-body-/230931907387?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item35c49d433b 

I want to say that the newest right angled Oyaide plugs are raised a little bit to accommodate cases and might be what you are looking for.  Or you can always make something custom using epoxy putty or Sugru, something I do when I need something low profile or that exits at a funny angle.

May 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #382 of 485
Quote:
I want to say that the newest right angled Oyaide plugs are raised a little bit to accommodate cases and might be what you are looking for.  Or you can always make something custom using epoxy putty or Sugru, something I do when I need something low profile or that exits at a funny angle.

Thanks, do you have a link to the Oyaide plugs?

May 31, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #383 of 485
Jul 3, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #384 of 485
What's the most expensive plug anyone has seen, or brought? I've recently ordered a pair of ViaBlue T6s small 3.5mm plugs, 24k gold plated. These things can run around 20 to 30 US dollars each! The larger ones cost the same, but I opted for the smalls because they look sleeker.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #385 of 485
What's the most expensive plug anyone has seen, or brought? I've recently ordered a pair of ViaBlue T6s small 3.5mm plugs, 24k gold plated. These things can run around 20 to 30 US dollars each! The larger ones cost the same, but I opted for the smalls because they look sleeker.

Vendors know their plugs are great and they charge an arm and a leg, theViaBlue are overrated and overpriced, I bought both not at that price mark, gratefully not all retailers take you for a ride and found them to be difficult to handle for soldering unless you use an helping hand. There are other easier plugs to solder and they look great like the 45-angle plugs from switchcraft, work of art or the cheaper and good enough neutriks.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #386 of 485
Quote:
Vendors know their plugs are great and they charge an arm and a leg, theViaBlue are overrated and overpriced, I bought both not at that price mark, gratefully not all retailers take you for a ride and found them to be difficult to handle for soldering unless you use an helping hand. There are other easier plugs to solder and they look great like the 45-angle plugs from switchcraft, work of art or the cheaper and good enough neutriks.

It would be stupid of me to even consider getting them at those prices. I got them as cheap as I could find them, around 10-11 USD each, still a little expensive though. If you can find better deals that would be great. My total is around 29-30 USD with tax and shipping. But it seems like most people get plugs for either aesthetics, durability, ease of use, or the combination of the three. In my case I brought them for austhetics and quality material. I'm not too keen on shiny or chrome parts. If there are any similar plugs aesthetically yet cheaper, then I would consider them. There's also counterfeit ViaBlue plugs, but I wont even consider knockoffs.

It seems if I were to get similar looking switchcrafts it will cost around 23 to 7 some for a pair with shipping and taxes, maybe even less. Haven't really look into it.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #387 of 485
Quote:

Not TRS plugs, but I've seen RCA plugs at $100+ each.

Jul 4, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #388 of 485
There are other easier plugs to solder and they look great like the 45-angle plugs from switchcraft, work of art or the cheaper and good enough neutriks.

I can't find any info on Switchcraft 45-degree audio plugs. Can you post a link? (Or did you mean 90-degree?)

Can anyone provide links to aftermarket 45-degree audio plugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back