Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #17 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canare F11 Mini Plug at Markertek.com

canare plugs are not that bad either. But they are even bigger than the switchcrafts.

are you kidding? i have some canare f12s and they suck!
no holes for the cables to be solder to, only small taps, making them really fragile to bumps and shocks.
i have resoldered mine so many times it has almost given me vietnam flashbacks.

just bought some heavy duty 1/4 female neutrik jacks though, and they were so well thought out it almost made me cry
redface.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #18 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no holes for the cables to be solder to, only small taps, making them really fragile to bumps and shocks.

just bought some heavy duty 1/4 female neutrik jacks though, and they were so well thought out it almost made me cry
redface.gif

anyone have anypics of canare f12 innards? or any other 3.5mm 1/8"in plug innards this would be the place to put it...

edit.... looks like the calrad heavy duty that i have is a better canare f12.... here are some pics..

optdvr.jpg

jqrmfa.jpg

another calrad series 30 plug....

11cdseo.jpg

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #20 of 485
Can anyone find a purchasing link for the Supra MP8? I want to use them when I recable my headphones. I found websites with them, but they don't have pricing. Thanks!

Feb 20, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #21 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjarnetv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

redface.gif

I completely agree, I have yet to have any trouble with even the cheapest Neutrik jacks/plugs (except for the nickel plated rca plugs not being colored and not having any red heatshrink on hand).

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #23 of 485
wow the supras look great! i wonder how the overall quality is of that plug...?

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #24 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mandrakespain, try making an adapter using a right angled neutrik and a female 1/4"th plug. dont forget to include 8" of cable in between.

Thanks for the tip!

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #25 of 485
very good info, just what I was looking for. Now if I could a find a topic like this that covered wire I would be in good shape.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #26 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedingredline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very good info, just what I was looking for. Now if I could a find a topic like this that covered wire I would be in good shape.

ummm do you realize how many thousands of different wires there are?? the task of putting together that thread would be HUGE and plus one piece of bare silver or copper wire or even teflon covered wire looks like another. only the brand name ones with recognizable sleeving are easier do differentiate

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #29 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by luumage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just done a recable on my ES7's, and I used a Neutrik 3.5mm plug. For some reason, the plug started to feel loose, then all of a sudden the plug just kept losing contact with the jack. Is it because I put too much strain on the plug due to my recable? (I used Mogami 2534 cable).

I purchased another neutrik plug to replace it, and yet I am still having the same problem. Are there any 3.5mm plugs that fit VERY tightly?

yep; the neutrik is quite a loose fitting mini, the only thing it has going for it IMO is its small size. combine that with a thickish cable and you have a recipe for loosened jacks. have you got techflex on the mogami too?? because that would be a reasonably thick and stiff cable. if you are going to use mogami for HP's probably better using the mini-quad or using a switchcraft mini of course, but there is a chance that the switchcraft would just loosen the jack further if its stiff quite stiff

Feb 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #30 of 485
XLO HT is My favorite, also don't forget the Yarbo iT3.5i.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back