ULTIMATE BURN IN CD!
Aug 14, 2001 at 4:04 AM Post #17 of 35
Yah definitely...I was like...oh crap thats a good deal...than I saw joe's name and already knew it was over.

Hmmm first jude gets a steal on a duplicate pair of HD600's and joe gets a steal on a duplicate pair of SR-325's.

Aug 14, 2001 at 4:04 AM Post #18 of 35
Is it really only that much? Hot damn! Go joe!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 35
Oh, really? Wow, nice... still, I think joe has some sort of sixth sense when it comes to searching out Grados.

Aug 14, 2001 at 6:46 AM Post #23 of 35
I wonder if there is a price typo happening there... 150 bucks for an audio cd that is not limited and not signed by the artists?

maybe a typo... I wonder if there is a copy of this floating around the wonderful cyberspace
wink.gif

Tides

Aug 14, 2001 at 6:26 PM Post #24 of 35
I wonder if Judes tried this already
biggrin.gif

Even I am not going to fall for that one, (yes I know everyones questioning my sanity, but at least the other lot offer a money back guarantee if it doesnt work
smily_headphones1.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
)

Aug 14, 2001 at 6:52 PM Post #25 of 35
Jan Meier has suggestions for burn-in on his site... Use bass-heavy music at progressively increasing volumes, for about 24 hours. If you don't have any bass-heavy CDs, I guess you can walk out to the street, stop the first duh-m-bass car and ask for one
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 9:39 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

I think joe has some sort of sixth sense when it comes to searching out Grados.

Sixth sense, nothing! It's a lot of damned hard work!!
wink.gif

But just so you guys don't think I've really gone over the edge, I'll tell you why I picked them up...............I knew JMT was looking for a good deal on some 325s and when I spotted them last night, I figured he might want them, but I didn't want to lose them, so I got them fast, just in case. I've since contacted JMT and those 325s will be doing a lot of traveling from Canada to NY to California. See......I'm really not that crazy. Now if another pair of HP-1s showed up..........
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 10:22 PM Post #27 of 35
aaaaawwwwww man. $127!? Even I could've afforded that....lol

Aug 14, 2001 at 10:59 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

joelongwood said...

Sixth sense, nothing! It's a lot of damned hard work!!
wink.gif

Aw, come on joe. Don't you want to keep up that mystique for the newbies?
wink.gif

Aug 15, 2001 at 4:42 PM Post #29 of 35
I had to laugh at his one because I actually own one of these things. I bought it from a fellow at the same time as I bought his Wadia transport and Krell DAC. I laughed at this when I first heard about it, but then I tried it on my system. Now I laugh for a different reason.
tongue.gif

Actually, what I noticed was that after I played the disc according to the instructions, the music did seem to play against a blacker background of silence. When I got my HD-580's, I tried it again and it did take that somewhat steely edge (common in new equipment) off. I suppose it works, but there is no way in hell it is worth $150 (I paid $20, and I guess I'm OK with that).
smily_headphones1.gif

The disc may very well be coded with some kind of copy protection, and the booklet that comes with it goes on and on about why the thing costs so damn much, but I think it reeks too much of hype to be believable.

I'd recommend this to anyone who is after that absolute ultimate in tweak-ness and who has already done a great deal to help out the homeless or underpriveledged children in their area, but still has a wad of cash left.

Aug 15, 2001 at 6:10 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by landlocked
I'd recommend this to anyone who is after that absolute ultimate in tweak-ness and who has already done a great deal to help out the homeless or underpriveledged children in their area, but still has a wad of cash left.

Are you talking about Jude again?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back