ULTIMATE BURN IN CD!
Aug 13, 2001 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Vka

100+ Head-Fier
I just saw this CD for sale at audioadvisor and it costs a whopping $149.95.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/store/pr...0Enhancer%20CD

Descriptions:
Playing regular music, even for hundreds of hours, never completely breaks in audio components. Plus residual magnetism can build up over time in your system, producing unwanted effects that degrade sound. The solution is the System Enhancer, a CD from Purist Audio Design which will break-in and condition your electronics, speaker cable, and interconnects in 63 minutes!

The System Enhancer was developed through computer modeling and extensive studies in material science. A unique algorithmic program maintains the right frequency and amplitude to thoroughly condition and form - and remove residual magnetism from - all the components in your system. Results are extraordinary. You'll hear more air and transparency in your music. Overtones and harmonics will become considerably more apparent. "It works!" exclaims Stereophile's Jonathan Scull. "You'll never get mine away from me."

Just wondering if anyone actually tried this CD and if it actually works as advertised. Man, $149.95 for a CD is VERY expensive indeed.

Aug 13, 2001 at 8:33 PM Post #2 of 35
Out of all the tweaks I've seen described, this one may just take the cake for me. Heck, different equipment is supposed to take different amounts of time to burn-in, no matter what CD you play. I dunno... I won't say it's impossible until I've tried it for myself (and at $150 it's going to be awhile before I try it for myself), but put me down as a skeptic on this one.

Aug 13, 2001 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 35
Man, that's one toy for rich audiophiles.
I don't believe in this. Call me narrow minded, but burn-in CD and 150 bucks...
How much R&D have they put behind this to kick the price that high and how many they're counting on saling 10 perhaps.

Aug 13, 2001 at 8:39 PM Post #5 of 35
can you say "placebo"
biggrin.gif

it conditions your cables ey...does it wash the dishes as well?

the "right frequencies" "algorythms" "residual magnetism" "more transparancy" it's got all the audiophile mumbojumbo alright...

but I'm just prejudiced ofcourse. yeah it works no doubt
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2001 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 35
Hmmm, by the time you know it, the company would be coming out with SACD, DVD-A versions of the system enhancer disc. Just imagine, what the mp3 version of this disc can do to all the mp3 players out there....

Aug 13, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #7 of 35
Think they'll use Macrovision copy-protection to keep us from copying their over-priced CD? Gee, I bet they hired a 100% real record company executive to price this one
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:06 AM Post #10 of 35
Speaking of which... hey jude, when can we expect a review of this?
wink.gif

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:22 AM Post #12 of 35
I think the CD also removes the residual magnetism from the most important part of your system...your brain. I think that is where hearing more air and greater transparency comes in.

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:30 AM Post #13 of 35
joe, you belong in the over the edge forum... you just bought another pair of sr325's! :wink:

Anyway, I read about this the other day, and it scared me that people would actually buy this thing. And you know they must 'cause it's still for sale...

Aug 14, 2001 at 3:48 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Flumpus said...

joe, you belong in the over the edge forum... you just bought another pair of sr325's! :wink:

Say what? But doesn't he already have, like, twenty of them?
wink.gif

joe must know something we don't... maybe a nuclear strike on Grado is about to happen, and joe is stockpiling all the Grados so we will not be w/o in the aftermath...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back