UK Meet Anyone?
Jan 10, 2006 at 9:35 AM Post #31 of 294
I'd be interested (all depending on when/where it is of course and whether I can get time off from work/uni) Would be interesting to listen to whatever else anyone else has whilst offering people the chance to test out my modest rig.

I should be able to bring everything that I have (though my PC that I mainly use isn't portable at all but I might be able to "borrow" a mates laptop and fill it full of music to test out the DAC on the Aria.

Jan 10, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #32 of 294
Hi all. I'm still interested in this, and I finally have some half decent kit I can bring with me...

- CIAudio VDA-1/VAC-1 DAC/PSU
- Naim Headline amp
- Pro-ject headbox 2 amp
- Senn HD600

Subject to space etc I could also bring along my PC running Foobar2k with an M-Audio Delta 410 card.

Jan 10, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 294
I'm still up for it.

Maybe we should choose a nice central town or city somewhere with good road and rail links, then look for a suitable hotel that could offer us a conference room for the day.

This would be better than us all invading someone's house (although it was very cool when Captain hosted last year's meet!). There should be enough space for all our gear and if people need to stay overnight, it would be very convenient.

Just an idea.

Either way, I'm in and I'll bring what I can.

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #35 of 294
Good points MrJoshua
smily_headphones1.gif
. Good transport links are essential, and easy access to places to stay could be useful if anyone plans to travel a long distance. I had briefly thought about hiring a room at a hotel somewhere, that could be an option, depending on prices of course.

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #36 of 294
Unless there's a wedding, a lot of hotels should discount their conference facilities at the weekend, so it might not be /that/ expensive.

I think we should first agree on a town or city, then start calling all the big hotels in the area.

Jan 11, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #37 of 294
Just a suggestion for a location:

Not being biased or anything
biggrin.gif
but Woking (in Surrey) is a great town in terms of convenience. The transport links are very good (it has become a bit of a "commuter town"). There is direct access to the M25, M3 and A3 ...and also decent rail (25mins direct from London Waterloo) and coach links.

However, the only hotel that in is the main town is a holiday inn so there's not much choice in that regard. It is in walking distance from the train station and the town centre is small enough not to get too lost.

Parking in the town centre is mainly in multi-storey car parks that belong to the large shopping malls, the cost is around £1.30 for 2hrs, and I believe it becomes cheaper per hour after that, I can check the prices if people are interested.

Jan 11, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #38 of 294
Would it be worth getting the locations of everyone who's interested in attending, and then maybe finding somewhere relatively central? I'm happy to drive a few hours if necessary, but nevertheless I'll get the ball rolling. I live in Swindon, Wiltshire.

Jan 11, 2006 at 10:49 AM Post #39 of 294
Oooh! Currently 17 of us interested!!

Digital Dave - Stevenage
MrJoshua - Sheffield (ish)
StevieDVD - Stevenage
papy - Suffolk
jatinder - Woking
dom - Unknown
Jasonharkin - Ireland
Jonathan Griffin - Bristol
pedalhead - Swindon
Rav - Down South
xUKHCx - Sheffield
Rob N - Unknown
ajh - North Wales
Blainethepain - Unknown
MarkyMark - London
m memmory - Derby
viper 45 - Surrey / Nottingham

Jan 11, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #40 of 294
Jan 11, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #41 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
Here you go:

Head-Fi UK Meet 2006 Frapper Map!

Get yourselves added!

biggrin.gif

Great idea - easiest way to work out how far away everyone lives and whereabouts is central enough that it'd be easy for us all to get there.

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #42 of 294
I've added my location.

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #44 of 294
Click on the link below it for addresses outside US and type in Stevenage. It will then suggest the location as Stevenage, Herts which you then select.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back