UK Meet Anyone?
Nov 3, 2005 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 294
I'm only a newbie to headfi but I'd really appreciate the chance to try out some kit & hopefully contribute to my shopping list
lambda.gif
. Currently using a pretty nasty Project headbox amp & some less nasty HD600 cans. Should have a Squeezebox 3 in a couple of weeks.

Nov 5, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #17 of 294
Put me down as a possible if it's somewhere in the southern half of the country, probably early next year would be best for me i think.

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #18 of 294
Hi Guys

Early next year would probably be the best time for a meet, in either feb or March. London would probably be the best place for the meet (I am not biased towards London I am based in Ireland). If anyone has any suggestions or opinons please feel free to dicuss possible venues or times for the event itself.

Regards Jason

Nov 8, 2005 at 9:39 AM Post #19 of 294
Seems like the best time for everyone is early next year - Jan/Feb? If we go for Feb, it'll be one year from the last one
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone else interested?

Jatinder,

I did think about putting a post in the main forum about it, but didn't want to incur the wrath of the mods - after all, that's what this forum is for
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll try PMing people from the last one, hopefully they won't mind.

Nov 8, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #21 of 294
Hi

I can bring an Apple Mac Powerbook and a Cyrus CD6 CDP with me as possible sources.

Nov 9, 2005 at 7:43 AM Post #22 of 294
Quote:

Originally Posted by dom_
what do we do about sources?

as i might or might not be able to bring my deck depending on location and i currently use my pc (emu0404 asio) for cds, but its in a stacker case so not very portable.

Bring whatever sources you can within the limits of your preferred mode of transport
smily_headphones1.gif
. At the last meet there were various computer based setups (laptop and desktop) as well as a number of CD players, personal CD players and digital players (iPod etc.).

Nov 12, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #28 of 294
I just found this thread by accident. I would certainly be interested in attending a possible UK meet - but of course it depends on where and when !.
I am slowly losing all my money to head-fi so would be interested to meet other sufferers of the disease.

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #29 of 294
Hi,

Count me in if it's after Christmas.

Can bring headphones and amps with me.

Cheers,

Pete.

Dec 30, 2005 at 11:23 PM Post #30 of 294
Hi all,

Would be interested in attending if dates are OK (am away snowboarding at the end of Feb). Can bring my gear listed below along.

Home rig: Sugden CDMaster-VDH First Ultimate or Townshend Isolda DCT-Sugden Headmaster-LAT AC2 powercords/mains block. Mainly use DT880's now in preference to my HD650's and HD600's.

Portable: Sony NW-HD5H with PX100's (old and new version - newer one sounds more neutral IMHO). Sounds pretty decent with tracks ripped @352kbps in ATRAC 3+.

Cheers,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back