UK import duty - How/when Fedex charge you?
Mar 7, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An upgraded power supply and pretty much nothing else from the reviews and info I've managed to gather from the hi-fi press.

Sorry about the taxes and charges. Damned HRM Customs.

I based my purchase from April Music direct (www.hifi500.com) on the idea that if the difference between the RA version and the off-the-shelf version was was minimal then I'd either save £189 max or around £110 min (and knowing the delivery times from RA it would arrive quicker from Korea).

The other side was that delivery & customs charges money would be better used in worthwhile mods if they were available. If the RA was more like £499 I probably would have gone for that (I did check the price with them and even asked if they were likely to reduce it soon - always worth asking).

So if the changes to the RA version are minimal then I'm quite happy, though not as happy as I would have been if the import fees were zero!

Surely something as essential as head-fi gear should be zero vat rated
icon10.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #17 of 18
Fedex are run by ********!

They lost a package coming from the US (to the UK) and then sent me an invoice asking for the customs/Tax! Thank God it was cheap mass-produced goods (got a replacement sent out by the vendor real quick), but it took many letters and phone calls to get everything sorted (apparently delivery of invoice is proof of delivery of goods...)

Ok, Fedex aren't really run by arseholes...

EDIT: Note to self, the words "Arsehole" and "*******" are not censored on the Head-Fi forum...

EDIT2: ??? Only the plural is not censored?

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #18 of 18
Darn! I'm looking to get a DA100 too, but for the same price, you could almost get a DAC1 or DA10
frown.gif

780USD (incl. delivery) = 414.50GBP via Paypal.
+ 74GBP = 488.50GBP (more expensive than you because the pound is weaker now!)

Time to start saving!

Just out of interest, how long did it take for FedEx to deliver from Korea to UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back